[RESOLVED] DGDecNV with older NVIDIA driver

Support forum for DGDecNV
karesch

[RESOLVED] DGDecNV with older NVIDIA driver

Post by karesch »

Hi,

I just purchased DGDecNV and it seems that DGIndexNV does not work on my notebook. After opening DGIndexNV I receive a warning message:
ERROR: cuModuleLoad
<path>\DGDecNV2040\NVT12toRGB24_sm_20.cubin failed (200)
After opening any type of AVC video file, I receive an error message:
GPU decoder: Failed to create video decoder [100]

The likely cause is that my NVIDIA driver version is 192.23. Unfortunately, I can not upgrade the NVIDIA driver, as I have a Lenovo T410s with Hybrid graphics (it has 2 graphics chips, one is integrated on the Intel processor and the other is a discrete NVIDIA NVS 3100M), and the latest driver version provided by Lenovo is 192.23, and I can not use the drivers provided on the nvidia.com/support page, because NVIDIA does not provide Hybrid drivers. So I am sticked to the NVIDIA driver version of 192.23.

Any hints for a solution? Would an older version of DGDecNV help?

I tried to check the trivial failure points:
  • I did install avisynth :-) 2.58tsp MT version 5 (mod seraphy)
    the NVIDIA chip is the active graphics chip (not the Intel one)
    I use Win7 Prof 64
Thanks
admin

Re: DGDecNV with older NVIDIA driver

Post by admin »

Earliest supported driver is 196.21. If you can't run a later version all I can do is offer you a refund.
karesch

Post by karesch »

neuron2 wrote:Earliest supported driver is 196.21. If you can't run a later version all I can do is offer you a refund.
Thanks for the quick reply. I do not really want the refund, as I quite often use avisynth and its filters, and I am happy if can help you folks to do this excellent job.

My thinking was around getting an earlier version that works with my old driver (I understand that it is not supported, so I will not bother you if I bump into a problem), or using DGAVCDecDI, as I see it has more or less the same functionality (and I could use the license received). What would you recommend?
admin

Post by admin »

I'm sorry but I just don't have the time to go back and try to figure out what version might work for you. It's complicated because the security scheme changed (so there is no online generator for the previous scheme and I'd have to recreate my key generation manually), CUDA kernels got implemented at some point, etc.
laserfan

Post by laserfan »

neuron2 wrote:Earliest supported driver is 196.21.
@karesch FWIW this statement first appeared in 2022. In 2021's Readme.txt is stated this "You must install version 191.07 or later..."

Not saying it will work for you, but if it were me I'd try 2021 first.

Interesting to hear about "hybrid drivers"--I wonder if there's any way for you to use Intel for your display and nvidia for this processing task, with separate drivers... :?
admin

Re: [RESOLVED] DGDecNV with older NVIDIA driver

Post by admin »