[RESOLVED] GeForce 210 Compatibility

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
nibus

[RESOLVED] GeForce 210 Compatibility

Post by nibus »

Hi,

I recently purchased a GeForce 210 to replace my 8800GTS for using DGDecNV.

However, upon a clean installation of the latest NVidia Drivers, DGDecNV just freezes whenever I try to load a file, whether H264 or VP1. I have downloaded the latest DGDecNV and used it on default settings.

I'm wondering if the 210 is supported? Could my older drivers be interfering even after a "clean" install?

Also, if the 210 is compatible, is it possible to run it along side my 8800GTS and use it only for DGDecNV? For now I have removed the 8800 altogether but still it freezes when opening files.

Thanks for your help.

edit: this is my video card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814127591
admin

Re: GeForce 210 Compatibility

Post by admin »

The 210 should work fine, but it's a terrible choice. I don't know why things are freezing on your system but I strongly advise you to return that and get a cheap GT 520. It blows away pre-VP5 cards for decoding speed using DGDecNV.

Yes, you can run DGDecNV on a secondary GPU.

Now listen up. You said you had the latest nVidia drivers but you also talk about your "older drivers". So let's get precise about what drivers you are running.
DAE avatar
nibus

Post by nibus »

I am running 280.26 which was the latest from the NVidia website. I was just wondering if there would still be traces of the old drivers left on my system.

However I think I will just return this and get the GT520 like you said. It's only $20 more and is much faster. If I have any trouble with it when it arrives I will post back.

Thanks for your help admin
admin

Post by admin »

That's a great plan. I've never heard of anyone using DGDecNV on a GeForce 210, so let's not tempt the unknown. ;)

You'll be on the cutting edge with a GT 520. If you have the extra bucks get as much memory as you can, although 1GB is enough for most sane applications.
DAE avatar
nibus

Post by nibus »

Would a 2gb model improve decoding performance for x264? That's the only thing I use DGDecNV for.
admin

Post by admin »

More memory will not increase performance for a typical transcoding process. It will allow for more instantiations of DGSource() should your application require it (e.g., transcoding with multiple input video sources and formats in your script, your application opens preview windows, analysis threads, parallel decoding, etc.).
DAE avatar
nibus

Post by nibus »

Ok, well I'll probably get a 1gb model then as I've never used multiple sources. Thanks again!