Support forum for DGDecNV
admin

Re: Glitch in decoding

Post by admin »

I'm on WinXP SP3 32-bit.
clumpco

Post by clumpco »

Boulder wrote:Don, which OS do you have (I'm on Win7 64-bit)? The issue seems to be CUDA in general since other applications suffer from it as well.

I also have an Asus card, I think it's this model: http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVID ... TDI1GD3LP/#

Just for the heck of it, I'm going to try different drivers to see what happens.
I have the same card, same OS...
Driver version 285.62, video bios 75.19.1B.00.01
DAE avatar
Boulder

Post by Boulder »

I tested build 2042 and at least the sample clip works, so maybe the issue is fixed in the new CUDA version :D
admin

Post by admin »

Hi Boulder,

That's good to hear. A few other people reported out of the blue that some nonreproducible issues were fixed by 2042.

Did you also upgrade your nVidia driver?
admin

Post by admin »

Oh, I have to 'face palm' on the 520. I discovered my card wasn't properly seated and it has been very reliable since I fixed that. I take back all my ragging. :mrgreen:

I still plan to get a 680. I get these auto notify mails from newegg and as soon as I go there it is again "out of stock".
DAE avatar
Boulder

Post by Boulder »

neuron2 wrote:Hi Boulder,

That's good to hear. A few other people reported out of the blue that some nonreproducible issues were fixed by 2042.

Did you also upgrade your nVidia driver?
Hi Don,

in fact I did - I upgraded to v296.10 some time ago but didn't test the clip after that since the release notes didn't mention anything about video decoding. Of course, there might be something fixed without writing anything about it. I did submit a ticket to NVIDIA's product feedback page but never heard of them..
laserfan

Post by laserfan »

neuron2 wrote:I discovered my card wasn't properly seated and it has been very reliable since I fixed that.
How embarrassing. :D But thanks for telling--this has happened to the best of us.

I'd pulled my own GT520 so as not to get bitten by any of the glitches reported in here. Maybe I'll get it out of the box again.

My 9600GT is still running 280.26--wonder Don what Nvidia version you are at, and looking forward to any new test results (which include card & Nvidia version).
admin

Post by admin »

I'm running various versions on different PCs. I run the latest 301.24 beta on one of them. It seems to be just fine.
laserfan

Post by laserfan »

neuron2 wrote:I'm running various versions on different PCs. I run the latest 301.24 beta on one of them. It seems to be just fine.
Ah, ok good deal--thanks for telling.
DAE avatar
sandy_geser

Post by sandy_geser »

initial testings using 2042 with both sources I had glitches with seem to indicate something or other got fixed. I will test some more.
It was never quite determined what the issue was from what I recall as different people were getting different results. I guess it could be any number of causes.

update:

using 2042 with older nv drivers still causes glitching, updating them to current (296.10) seems to fix it. I guess nv drivers were the cause all along. be nice if other people who reported such issues on the forum will test too.