DAE avatar
dee

[RESOLVED] cannot use template from command line

Post by dee »

for example, I have a lot of MPGs and a batch file in the same directory:

Code: Select all

@echo off
del template.avs
echo v=DGSource("__vid__",deinterlace=1,crop_t=76,crop_b=72,crop_l=8,crop_r=8,resize_w = 720,resize_h = 400)>> template.avs
echo a=NicMPASource("__aud__",1)>> template.avs
echo AudioDub(v,a)>> template.avs
echo DelayAudio(__del__)>> template.avs

SET DGINDEX="E:\WinApp\VideoTools\DGIndexNV\DGIndexNV.exe" 
for %%f in (*.mpg) do %DGINDEX% -i %%f -o %%~nf.dgi -at template.avs -e -a
del template.avs
Everything was fine with previous version of DGIndexNV.exe, but build 2041 doesn't see generated template.avs.
I don't want to place template into DGIndexNV directory and use dynamically created one. How can I setup new build properly?
admin

Re: cannot use template from command line

Post by admin »

Please try giving the full path name for your template.avs in the -at option.
DAE avatar
dee

Post by dee »

No, still nothing. AVS is not created. Looks like this command line option is totally ignored.

Of cousre, AVS is created when DGIndexNV.ini contains settings:
AVS_Template_File=template.avs
AVS_Enable_Template=1

but this is not usable if I want to work via command lines...
admin

Post by admin »

It's working fine for me. The only thing I can think of is that the AVS already exists. It won't be overwritten if it exists.

Please also try it from the command line directly and without -e and -a.
DAE avatar
dee

Post by dee »

another one test on another PC at office.
I have a dir c:\video with only 2 files: test.mpg and template.avs with single line: DGSource("__vid__")
dgindexnv is in D:\WinApp\Video\DGIndexNV\

following commands do not create AVS
1. D:\WinApp\Video\DGIndexNV\DGIndexNV.exe -i test.mpg -o test.dgi -at template.avs
2. D:\WinApp\Video\DGIndexNV\DGIndexNV.exe -i test.mpg -o test.dgi -at template.avs -a -e
3. D:\WinApp\Video\DGIndexNV\DGIndexNV.exe -i test.mpg -o test.dgi -at C:\Video\template.avs
4. D:\WinApp\Video\DGIndexNV\DGIndexNV.exe -i test.mpg -o test.dgi -at C:\Video\template.avs -a -e

old dgindex 1.5.8 works fine
old build of dgindexnv works fine (well, it workED. I deleted it and installed new build... fatal mistake :-)
admin

Post by admin »

It all works fine for me.
DAE avatar
dee

Post by dee »

well... what can I say... only "it not work at all for me"...
can you please give me a link to previous working build (2039 AFAIR)? It was on your site on 29.05.11
admin

Post by admin »

It's still there:

http://rationalqm.us/dgdecnv/dgdecnv2039.zip

@all

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I know there are several 3rd-party tools that rely on this so it's surprising I have a report about this from only one person, and as I said, it all works fine for me.
DAE avatar
dee

Post by dee »

thanks!

BTW, 2041 works in my tests only with "AVS_Template_Folder=C:\Video" in INI file. When AVS_Template_Folder setting is empty, no AVS is generated.

BTW2: 2039 works fine under the absolutely the same conditions as I wrote before! I mean
D:\WinApp\Video\DGIndexNV2039\DGIndexNV.exe -i test.mpg -o test.dgi -at template.avs -a -e
admin

Post by admin »

dee wrote:BTW, 2041 works in my tests only with "AVS_Template_Folder=C:\Video" in INI file. When AVS_Template_Folder setting is empty, no AVS is generated.
BTW! :?

Again, I cannot duplicate that. Perhaps your INI file is messed up. Please delete it and let DGIndexNV make it again. Also, please post a screenshot of the AVS template file dialog when the problem is happening.
DAE avatar
dee

Post by dee »

No luck. Both without INI at all and with fresh recreated INI...

WOW!!! eureka! "AVS_Template_Folder=." works! :-) It's better than nothing :-)

about dialog: whatever is selected in this dialog the command line must override these settings. Otherwise, we lose a point of command line. If I have option "-at template.avs" I suppose that this template will be used in spite of dialog settings.
And also, from my point of view, if I run dgindex in some directory X it would be logical to check the presense of template.avs in following order:
1. current folder X
2. AVS_Template_Folder
admin

Post by admin »

Please remember that I am not an idiot, and I know what a CLI must do, so your bolding is a bit over the top. Nevertheless, I think I may know what's going on here and that we can both be right. :lol:

I'll investigate the idea and release a possible fix this evening to go along with the pulldown fix from another thread.
admin

Post by admin »

I have slipstreamed a fix into 2041. Just re-download it and update DGIndexNV, DGDecodeNV (for an unrelated pulldown fix), and DGIndexNVManual.html.

Here are the rules:

Specify the filename of the Avisynth template to be used. This can be just a filename (e.g., template.avs), in which case the template file will be looked for in the same directory as DGIndexNV.exe. It can also be a full path that fully specifies the path and filename (e.g., c:\templates\template.avs). Leave the filename null to specify no template (i.e., give -at alone with no argument). Also note that overwrite is disabled, so if the target script already exists, it will not be overwritten. Delete it first.
DAE avatar
dee

Post by dee »

It works fine again with all 3 variants:

Code: Select all

-at template.avs
-at .\template.avs
-at c:\video\template.avs
Thanks a lot !!! :)
admin

Post by admin »

You're welcome and thank you for pointing out the issue.