[RESOLVED] Merged m2ts problem

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
nls

[RESOLVED] Merged m2ts problem

Post by nls »

Hi, I've purchased a copy of DGDecNV, and when trying to process a rip of my BD discs, I've encountered a problem. I merged 2 m2ts files using TSMuxer that come in order in the video sequence. DGAVCIndex can play the merged file just fine, so i can browse/view the concatenated set in its entirety. But when I load it with DGSource() in AVISynth, only the first part is presented, ie. I cannot skip or view past the last frame of the first of the 2 merged files. Can you help with this situation? Could it be a bug of your toolset, or I should look for alternatives to merge files?
admin

Re: Merged m2ts problem

Post by admin »

Do not merge them. Just load both files into DGIndexNV and then make the project.
DAE avatar
nls

Post by nls »

Alright, that's a solution for this particular case - tho if i have nothing but a file that has been merged previously, it still won't work. Thanks anyway.
DAE avatar
nls

Post by nls »

OK, I did what you suggested. Processing stops at the end of the first file, it doesn't process the second file at all. I can browse to the second file and it's correctly displayed, but not indexed. Please tell me if you need additional info.
admin

Post by admin »

How big are these two M2TS files?
DAE avatar
nls

Post by nls »

Gigabytes. I can cut some 10 MB pieces from each for you to test if you'd like me to.
admin

Post by admin »

OK, thank you. Please cut the last 50 MBytes from the first, and the first 50 MBytes from the second. I need to see that joint area. Upload to mediafire.com and post the link here.

You can use DGSplit.
DAE avatar
nls

Post by nls »

Here you are: http://www.mediafire.com/?iwg1nudrf8pjiaw and http://www.mediafire.com/?52yu4jbeihz5cdo -- thanks for paying attention to this.
admin

Post by admin »

Thank you. That was interesting. The first file actually signals video end of stream using a NALU with type 0x0b. I was honoring that, although there is no real reason to do so. So I just ignore end of stream NALUs now and things work fine. I will release a new build shortly, after I look at a few other things I have pending.
admin

Post by admin »

Fixed build 2029 is released. Thank you for pointing out this issue.
DAE avatar
nls

Post by nls »

Thanks, I can confirm that the files are now indexed and decoded in AVS as expected.