[RESOLVED] Strange Glitch

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Deckard

[RESOLVED] Strange Glitch

Post by Deckard »

Hello,

I`m DGIndexNV 64bit user. I`ve got a problem described below:
I`ve got a video+audio file in HD 1980x1080i captured from tv station. I`m cutting ads is Videoredo.
To use power/potential of nvidia card I`m demuxing it in DGIndexNV (cropping and save project and demux video).
Then I`m processing into mkv format in megui 64bit.
Then the problem aquires - it looks like glitch but it`s not cut fragment of footage with visible broken video and audio
but there are couple of broken frames inserted into correct footage (audio is correct and video doesn`t stop).
Interesting is that nothing like that apears in footage prepared without DGIndexNV, I mean cropping and deinterlacing with software Yadif in megui.
But of course it takes much longer than with DGIndexNV+nvidia.
To eliminate the problem I also tried 32-bit megui and 32-bit DGIndexNV - nothing changed.
There is link to footage above:
http://demo.ovh.net/download/b354b6c211 ... sample.zip

My hardware configuration:
Cpu i7 3770K
Ram: 16 gb 2400 mghz
MB: Msi Z77A-GD65
Gra.card: Palit GTX 680 Jetstream 2gb ( tested drivers 301.42 and 306.02 BETA)

In megui I`m using the newest x264 which means 2208

Thank you in advance for tips/clues
admin

Re: Strange Glitch

Post by admin »

Please post a link to the part of the unprocessed source stream that produces this issue. You can cut it with DGSplit, or use Output Trimmed TS in DGIndexNV. Then describe here the process I must use to create the problem, including your full script.

Does the problem exist when simply viewing the script in VirtualDub?
DAE avatar
Deckard

Post by Deckard »

I can send you a source footage but to make the first glitch visible I`d have to send you at least first 15 minutes which makes 1.5GB file.
If you would like to check the problem basing on a little cut of footage which I sent you in the sample before the problem will not appear.
The problem appears only in bigger footage with cut commercials.
Please remember that the strange glitch is a couple of frames from cut commercial. It looks like couple of frames remembered somewhere
in memory...buffer it`s hard to explain.

I`ve made one more test:
I didn't cut commercials from the footage, I`ve indexed entire in DGIndexNV and processed in megui and... the problem doesn`t appeared!
The problem appears only when before indexing DGIndexNV I cut commercials from the footage.
admin

Post by admin »

I can't help unless you give me a way to reproduce the problem. I have VideoRedo, but I need a stream and full instructions on how to make the
problem occur. One possibility is to mail me a cheap USB stick with the stream. It's all about how bad you want a solution. I will track it down to the root cause if I can reproduce it.

I also asked if it occurs when just viewing in VirtualDub but you didn't answer that. If you don't give me a way to reproduce the problem and you don't answer my questions, then I am stymied.
admin

Post by admin »

Marking resolved as user fails to provide needed information.