[RESOLVED] Need some testing help on version 2043 please

Support forum for DGDecNV
admin

[RESOLVED] Need some testing help on version 2043 please

Post by admin »

Here is a release candidate for 2043. Please beat up on it and report any issues here. Thank you.

http://rationalqm.us/misc/dgdecnv2043rc1.zip

Build 2043
----------

* Support DXVA mode. Note that DXVA mode requires D3D mode to be enabled.

* Add support for AVC field order reporting.

* Implement field order reporting on preview (used to be done only on save project).

* Make field/frame repeats display in display order in the info dialog (previously was incorrectly
shown in decode order).

* Correct inaccuracies in film percentage reporting.

* Report more information in the 'Options/List GPU Devices' dialog, including the VP engine version.

* Initial window size of DGIndexNV is increased to 488 x 320.

* Added a fun anime public-domain splash screen.

* Revised the INI file version handling so that an existing INI file isn't defaulted by a new
DGIndexNV version unless the INI file format actually changed.

* Progress percentage is now reported to standard output during save project as in DGIndex.

* Fixed a bug that caused the wrong frame size to be written to the DGI file if cropping was
first enabled and then disabled.

* Fixed a bug such that an Avisynth script was created even though script creation was disabled.

* Update documents for latest functionality.
admin

Re: Need some testing help on version 2043 please

Post by admin »

Temporarily withdrawn, as VC1 transport streams are broken.
admin

Post by admin »

OK, fixed that. It's available for download again.
admin

Post by admin »

Sure is quiet in here. Hopefully that means there aren't any issues. :lol:
admin

Post by admin »

OK, thanks!
admin

Post by admin »

I added a fun anime splash screen to the zip. Well, I like it. :geek:

Re-download DGIndexNV also to get a little larger initial window size.
admin

Post by admin »

OK, guys, I'm getting ready to release this thing. This is your last call for anything you'd desperately like to see in the next release. I have some energy for a burst of activity, so what have you been missing and would love to see?
admin

Post by admin »

I noticed that too. I agree it is irritating. Thanks for pointing it out.

Right now it just looks at the version number in there and if it is behind the new version it writes a new one. I should do that only if the INI format changed. So I will make it a bit more intelligent and do that for this release.
admin

Post by admin »

OK I have done that. If you re-download and copy in DGIndexNV it will not rewrite the INI file unless the INI file is 2040 or earlier. That will change only if the INI file format changes in the future.

Thanks again, this always irritated me too but not enough to do anything about it. I felt your pain. :lol:
DAE avatar
Zathor

Post by Zathor »

neuron2 wrote:OK, guys, I'm betting ready to release this thing. This is your last call for anything you'd desperately like to see in the next release. I have some energy for a burst of activity, so what have you been missing and would love to see?
I would like to have a index progress reported when running it from the CLI like in your other tools. :)
admin

Post by admin »

OK, I'll see if I can get that working for you.
admin

Post by admin »

Re-download DGIndexNV to get the progress reporting to standard out. Zathor, please let me know if it is working as you need it to. As far as I can see it works just as DGIndex except that it now prints the final 100 percent.
DAE avatar
Zathor

Post by Zathor »

Thanks! I just tested it and can confirm that it is directly working with MeGUI (I added the same logic as for DGIndex a long time ago).

But... only the progress for the video indexing is reported:

Code: Select all

dgindexnv.exe -i "input.mkv" -o "input.dgi" -e -h
Here I have progress from start to end

Code: Select all

dgindexnv.exe -i "input.mkv" -o "input.dgi" -e -h -a
Here the progress begins after the audio has been extracted.

It is the same with the GUI. The GUI does not show a progress also and when using it without -h it does not respond during the audio parts.
As you have the audio progress in the GUI when demuxing a single audio file I vote for a progress for each step. So if there are e.g. 2 audio tracks you will have three times 0...100 maybe divided by a short CLI message like:

audio1
audio2
video

As every time the complete file must be read (correct?) it is also possible to divide the progress like 0-32 audio 1, 33-66 audio 2, 67-100 video.

Oh, if you do not change it again it is also ok for me ;)
admin

Post by admin »

OMG!!!

I just noticed an amazing request from yesgrey in the feature requests thread asking to support DXVA mode for increased deinterlacing quality. I have implemented it. Redownload both DGIndexNV and DGDecodeNV to get it. You need to set Use_D3D=1 and Decode_Modes=2,2,2 in your INI file for DGIndexNV, and pass use_D3D=true to DGSource(). The downside of D3D mode is that multi-instance is not possible but that may be a low price to pay for DXVA-quality deinterlacing.

Thank you, yesgrey, and sorry for not noticing your post earlier. Never hesitate to bug me if you think I have missed something or have not realized its significance!
admin

Post by admin »

@Zathor

Yes, things are a bit screwy for MKV because multiple passes are made. I'll see how hard it would be to give you audio progress there.
admin

Post by admin »

@Zathor

OK, re-download DGIndexNV and let me know if the MKV audio progress is OK.

Here's the syntax:

MKV audio track 1
MKV audio track 2
Project
DAE avatar
Zathor

Post by Zathor »

Great!

For MKV I get now (plus 1...100 in-between - beside the first entry):
Project
MKV audio track 2
MKV audio track 3
Project

For a VOB file:
Project
Project

So there seems to be a duplicate Project line in the beginning. Nevertheless it is showing the full progress! Thank you.

Maybe a stupid question, but why can the DGI file not be created together with one of the audio tracks?

And I have tested the DXVA mode. It worked without any problems. To be honest I did not see a difference :cry: but this may be related to my source file.
admin

Post by admin »

Ooh ooh, silly silly me me. Please re-download for the fix.

Yes, sure I could demux all the MKV tracks in the Project pass. I just took the easy way out when I first added MKV support. I also need to improve performance for MKV as described in the to-do list and fix a few minor bugs with EOS handling. For 2044 I will sweeten up the MKV support.

For DXVA mode I was going by what the LAV guys reported. I'll test it and see if what they say about DXVA mode is really true.

Thanks for your testing, Zathor!
admin

Post by admin »

Zathor wrote:And I have tested the DXVA mode. It worked without any problems. To be honest I did not see a difference :cry: but this may be related to my source file.
Hmm, I don't see it either. Let me review the LAV results and see what's going on.
DAE avatar
mastrboy

Post by mastrboy »

Any chance to get batch processing built into 2043 release?

referring to a old post i made some time ago: http://neuron2.net/board/viewtopic.php? ... p=399#p399
admin

Post by admin »

Seems to me that a stand-alone GUI that generates batch files would be more suitable that putting anything in DGDecNV. I have to admit, even though I strive to make my users happy, that developing such a tool doesn't sound like an exciting way for me to spend my limited time.
admin

Post by admin »

Fixed a cropping bug reported by RedDwarf1. Re-download DGIndexNV to get the fix.
admin

Post by admin »

Fixed a bug such that an Avisynth script was created even though script creation was disabled. Re-download DGIndexNV to get the fix.
admin

Post by admin »

Closing this thread now as I have formally released version 2043. Thank you all for your testing and suggestions!