[RESOLVED] this is dumb but....

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
reimann3

[RESOLVED] this is dumb but....

Post by reimann3 »

how do I create a .dgi file to load into my script?
admin

Re: this is dumb but....

Post by admin »

Did you read the Quick Start guide?

Open your file in DGIndexNV and then do File/Save Project.
DAE avatar
reimann3

Post by reimann3 »

what I'm going to di is end up doing is making about 2 or 3 templates. I read the quick start. I'm only working with video. will I need a deinterlace filter or was that done when I created the dgi file? the end game will be to load the avs file into megui to encode.
admin

Post by admin »

You can use the deinterlacing in DGDecodeNV as described in its user manual or you can use an Avisynth filter. But be sure you actually need deinterlacing, and not IVTC, etc.

I'd appreciate it if you would make at least a little effort to read some documents, do some googling, etc. The information you need is out there if you look for it. Thanks!
DAE avatar
reimann3

Post by reimann3 »

the individuals who sent me this direction implied that your product was a deinterlacing filter and not a frame server (not that I can't already see that it's superior to what I was using). I do exclusively h264 in 720p and 1080p and I work from 1080i tv caps or blurays. I did google and nearly everything I found was geared towards working with DVDs. the stock deinterlacing filters in MeGUI has be less than satisfactory for interlaced content. If I can get my first script I can figure things out from there.
admin

Post by admin »

It's basically an Avisynth source filter with deinterlacing capability. Seriously, can't you read the documentation? :?

Make your DGI project file as per the Quick Start guide. Then make your script like this:

DGSource("project.dgi", deinterlace=1)

It's given as an example in the DGDecodeNV user manual!
admin

Post by admin »

Marking resolved as user acknowledges its dumbness and he has abandoned the thread. :D