[RESOLVED] DGIndexNV: Odd behaviour when started from console

Support forum for DGDecNV
admin

Re: DGIndexNV - Odd behaviour when started from console

Post by admin »

The console is still there, if you hit return in it you'll see it is still alive.

What you are seeing is the DGIndexNV progress reporting for MEGUI, etc. You're supposed to be able to suppress it with:

DGIndexNV >NUL

but that is not working for some reason.

I will either fix that or have an option so you could do:

DGIndexNV -x

Any preference?
admin

Post by admin »

That sounds like a good solution. I'll slipstream that pending approval from Zathor.
admin

Post by admin »

I have implemented your solution and slipstreamed it into 2043. Redownload DGIndexNV to get it.
admin

Post by admin »

My pleasure. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
laserfan

Re: [RESOLVED] DGIndexNV: Odd behaviour when started from console

Post by laserfan »

Bumping this old thread because it solved an issue for me. I recently updated from 2041 all-the-way-to 2045 and upon doing so found in the logs of my .cmd files the new "progress" output:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DGIndexNV\DGIndexNV" -i D:\video\videoIN.264 -o D:\video\videoIN.dgi -e
Project
Which of course is a purely cosmetic thing but I thought I'd look for a way to suppress these extra 102 lines in my output. Eventually I found my way to this thread and now this works cleanly for me, while "no switches" mentioned above does not:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DGIndexNV\DGIndexNV" -i D:\video\videoIN.%VIDEOTYPE% -o D:\video\videoIN.dgi >NUL -e
Maybe a note in the User Guide would be in order for us wierd guys that read docs. If not maybe others will search & find this here as I have. :)