[RESOLVED] Help in demuxing

Support forum for DGDecNV
xadox

[RESOLVED] Help in demuxing

Post by xadox »

I am trying to demux a mpls/m2ts file. But something is different with these mpls file.

With BDinfo there is show the correct lenght of the movie. But eac3to shows a wrong value and does a wrong demux.
eac3to adds the same m2ts multiple times to the demuxed file. mpc-hc is playing the playlist fine.

Also DGindexNV. If I open the mpls file DGindex opens the 00000.m2ts 4 times and 00008.m2ts one time.
Attachments
files.zip
MPLS, BDinfo Log and eac3to Log
(1.65 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
Greets XadoX
admin

Re: Help in demuxing

Post by admin »

I will look at it when I get home this evening. May I ask, are these files from a commercial purchased BluRay? If so, which one is it?
admin

Post by admin »

Your playlist points to 4 apparently contiguous segments in 00000.m2ts followed by one in 00008.m2ts. The segment in 00008.m2ts is only 1/3 sec in length! This is unusual (normally separate M2TS files are used) and explains why the tools are having some problems with it.

Clearly DGDecNV should not load 00000.m2ts 4 times. It's just luck that the references in 00000.m2ts are contiguous, however. They could have been discontinuous, in which case just loading 00000.m2ts once and playing it in its entirety would be wrong.

Until I revise my MPLS parser to deal with this, you'll have to just do File/Open and delete the extra instances of 00000.m2ts. The presence of repeats like that alerts you to the problem and you can examine the BDInfo output to see if the segments are contiguous.
xadox

Post by xadox »

Thx for the detailed explanation.

If I open the playlist and afterwards remove the dublicated M2TS from the filelist the duration of the resulting file is still wrong.
So I will wait for your new parser or maybe until madshi updates eac3to.
Greets XadoX
admin

Post by admin »

I don't know what you mean by "the resulting file" nor how you are determining its length. That has nothing to do with DGDecNV.

Does the script serve the correct number of frames after you remove the duplicate files in the file list and make a project?
xadox

Post by xadox »

neuron2 wrote:I don't know what you mean by "the resulting file" nor how you are determining its length...
By using "Save Project and Demux Video".
neuron2 wrote:Does the script serve the correct number of frames after you remove the duplicate files in the file list and make a project?
No.
Greets XadoX
admin

Post by admin »

You have a minute of unreferenced material at the end of 00000.m2ts. You can trim that off using Output Trimmed TS and then reload the trimmed file, or you can trim it out in your Avisynth script.
xadox

Post by xadox »

Since madshi is not willing to implement a workaround into eac3to :( you are my last hope.

Because it's a series and there are lot more of those playlists it would be great if I dont have to trim them by myself :)
After watching now some of my recodes I realise that there are also some positions with fadings to black which are too long. So sadly there is unreferenced material not only at the end of the files :(
Greets XadoX
admin

Post by admin »

Propose a workable solution and I will tell you whether I can do it or not.

For example, are you asking me to automatically generate a script with appropriate trims? If not, then what?

I will not be able to help you without the source files.
xadox

Post by xadox »

neuron2 wrote:...Until I revise my MPLS parser to deal with this...
For me it would be great, after loading the playlist into DVindexNV it will automaticly cut out those parts. So I could demux the M2TS file w/o the unneeded parts.
neuron2 wrote:...Also, over at Doom9 you declined to give me source files. I will not be able to help you without them.
It's a commercial Bluray :scratch:
Greets XadoX
admin

Post by admin »

xadox wrote:
neuron2 wrote:...Until I revise my MPLS parser to deal with this...
For me it would be great, after loading the playlist into DVindexNV it will automaticly cut out those parts. So I could demux the M2TS file w/o the unneeded parts.

And now you won't even tell me which bluray so I could obtain it. I'm not going to play 20 questions with you.
xadox

Post by xadox »

King of Queens - Season 2 (German)
Greets XadoX
DAE avatar
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

I think you should me more specific : Is it an US, EU BR, or even more, a specific country local version ?
Don't think BR are all the same in all countries.
And even more, the reference of the product.
For exemple, on amazon, you have something like this : ASIN: B0058ER75O
admin

Post by admin »

jpsdr wrote:I think you should me more specific : Is it an US, EU BR, or even more, a specific country local version ?
Don't think BR are all the same in all countries.
And even more, the reference of the product.
For exemple, on amazon, you have something like this : ASIN: B0058ER75O
Yes, please give me enough info to obtain the exact same disk you have.
admin

Post by admin »

Marking resolved as OP disappeared without giving needed info.