Post by Wonder Woman »

They are all nuts.
Levi

Feature Requests

Post by Levi »

Sherman

Feature Requests

Post by Sherman »

DG told me that Angelina Jordan is the reincarnation of Amy Winehouse.
DG

Feature Requests

Post by DG »

Try this version.

DAE avatar
Guest 2

Feature Requests

Post by Guest 2 »

Rocky wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:02 pm
I wrote a tool to show which of the MP4 files you gave me is the most VFR-ish.
I am looking for a tool that can output the range of the fps' in a video. The reason is that I am dealing with multiple framerates inside some video (the infamous Cowboy Bebop, that I haven't gone thru yet) and I'd like to split them according to the framerate variation pieces to treat them differently, i.e. IVTC, deinterlace, etc.

Do you think that such a thing is feasible? Would you please release such a thing?

P.S: It would be really nice to have in DGIndexNV too, perhaps writing also a text file with the timestamps to be fed to encoding frontends.
Bullwinkle

Feature Requests

Post by Bullwinkle »

That's a tall order if you want support for all video types and container types. Is there a limited subset thereof that you are interested in?
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Feature Requests

Post by Guest 2 »

Bullwinkle wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:44 am
That's a tall order if you want support for all video types and container types. Is there a limited subset thereof that you are interested in?
The ones that DGIndexNV already supports would be enough, I think.
Rocky

Feature Requests

Post by Rocky »

From my perspective that means all video types and containers, and I've stated that is a tall order. It's a new major project.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Feature Requests

Post by Guest 2 »

Rocky wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:38 pm
From my perspective that means all video types and containers, and I've stated that is a tall order. It's a new major project.
I will contain a bit all the possible permutations. :)

MKV/M2TS containers and AVC codec are ok?
Rocky

Feature Requests

Post by Rocky »

The tool I made was for MP4 only and required only a small several-line modification to boxdumper.exe. Certainly not a general solution and doesn't output timecodes. I regret there's no time or energy right now to tackle something more general.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Feature Requests

Post by Guest 2 »

Rocky wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:04 am
The tool I made was for MP4 only and required only a small several-line modification to boxdumper.exe. Certainly not a general solution and doesn't output timecodes. I regret there's no time or energy right now to tackle something more general.
Convert mkv to mp4 isn't so difficult. Perhaps I can get a useful purpose from it too.
Rocky

Feature Requests

Post by Rocky »

My hack is hard-coded for the frame rate of the files of interest that hydra3333 sent me. To make this usable to you I'd have to change it for arbitrary frame rate, as well as document the input/output, etc. As I mentioned, we've no time or energy for this project, especially given that we don't plan any special work for VFR->CFR. Thank you for understanding.