Feature Requests

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
yesgrey

Re: Feature Requests

Post by yesgrey »

neuron2 wrote:
yesgrey wrote: do you have access via CUVID to all deinterlacing modes offered by the GPU drivers
No. CUVID has limited support at this time.
Do you know if NVidia is considering to add it to CUVID?
Have you already asked them for it?
Would it help if we users also ask for it?
admin

Post by admin »

yesgrey wrote:
neuron2 wrote:
yesgrey wrote: do you have access via CUVID to all deinterlacing modes offered by the GPU drivers
No. CUVID has limited support at this time.
Do you know if NVidia is considering to add it to CUVID?
Have you already asked them for it?
Would it help if we users also ask for it?
Answers:
No.
Yes.
Couldn't hurt,
DAE avatar
yesgrey

Post by yesgrey »

neuron2 wrote:Couldn't hurt,
OK, I will do it.

One more question: is the official name CUVID? I'm asking this because I've downloaded the latest CUDA sdk and couldn't find any reference to it...
admin

Post by admin »

It doesn't have an "official" short name:

http://developer.download.nvidia.com/co ... vcuvid.pdf

The DLL is part of the video driver now, not the CUDA SDK.
DAE avatar
yesgrey

Post by yesgrey »

OK, thanks.
DAE avatar
yesgrey

Post by yesgrey »

admin,
I took a look into the file but i did not find how to activate the deinterlacing. I presume it would be within the function that allows the frame processing after the decoding, right? If so, how is the deinterlacing activated and how do you indicate which mode do you want?

Currently you are offering single rate, double rate and progressive, so I presume the first two are using bob and the latter using weave... how do you set each?

I want to ask NVidia to adding it, but I want to be accurate in my request...
admin

Post by admin »

cuviddec.h:

typedef enum cudaVideoDeinterlaceMode_enum {
cudaVideoDeinterlaceMode_Weave=0, // Weave both fields (no deinterlacing)
cudaVideoDeinterlaceMode_Bob, // Drop one field
cudaVideoDeinterlaceMode_Adaptive, // Adaptive deinterlacing
} cudaVideoDeinterlaceMode;

My code:

if (Session.deinterlace > 0)
state->dci.DeinterlaceMode = cudaVideoDeinterlaceMode_Adaptive;
else
state->dci.DeinterlaceMode = cudaVideoDeinterlaceMode_Weave;
// Create the decoder.
result = cuvidCreateDecoder(&state->cuDecoder, &state->dci);

RTFM for the modes I provide.

It would be a good idea to check the latest CUDA SDK version of the file. I haven't done so in a while.
DAE avatar
yesgrey

Post by yesgrey »

neuron2 wrote:RTFM for the modes I provide.
I had read it. I wasn't asking about how to set the modes in DGDecNV, but how you coded them.
neuron2 wrote:My code:

if (Session.deinterlace > 0)
state->dci.DeinterlaceMode = cudaVideoDeinterlaceMode_Adaptive;
else
state->dci.DeinterlaceMode = cudaVideoDeinterlaceMode_Weave;
// Create the decoder.
result = cuvidCreateDecoder(&state->cuDecoder, &state->dci);
This is the answer to what I asked.
neuron2 wrote:cuviddec.h:

typedef enum cudaVideoDeinterlaceMode_enum {
cudaVideoDeinterlaceMode_Weave=0, // Weave both fields (no deinterlacing)
cudaVideoDeinterlaceMode_Bob, // Drop one field
cudaVideoDeinterlaceMode_Adaptive, // Adaptive deinterlacing
} cudaVideoDeinterlaceMode;
So, it seems cuvid already supports all available modes...
neuron2 wrote:It would be a good idea to check the latest CUDA SDK version of the file. I haven't done so in a while.
I've look into it and the modes are exactly the same.

However, I've made a few tests and it seems there is something wrong...

I've used one test video (PAL 1080i) I grabbed here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1157287.
I used DGDecNV with all deinterlace modes, and mpc-hc with ffdshow and EVR for accessing the hardware deinterlacing.
The results with ffdshow are much better than with DGDecNV, so would it be a bug in CUVID? Would it be any problem on your side?

I've made some pics for comparison, you can get them here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XVI5ILI4
The one which looks better is the ffdshow_adapt, and, as you can easily notice, the diagonal lines show aliasing with DGDecNV deinterlacing, but not with hardware decoding via ffdshow... now, if the gpu is the same (GT 240), the results should also be the same, right?
admin

Post by admin »

ffdshow could be using a shader whereas I use CUVID postprocessing, which is claimed to be PureVideo. I have on my wish list to write my own CUDA deinterlacer.
DAE avatar
yesgrey

Post by yesgrey »

I think ffdshow only sends the interlaced frames to the gpu deinterlacer, like the commercial decoders do, and then EVR (in Win7) and VMR9(in XP) perform the deinterlacing through DXVA.

The question is: Are the EVR and VMR9 video renderers using some different code than the Purevideo? Maybe, I don't know, but why would NVidia create two different hardware deinterlacers for DXVA and CUVID?

So, maybe it would be a better idea to ask NVidia to give in CUVID the same deinterlacer they use in DXVA...

As a side note, I've tried ffdshow's yadif deinterlacer and the results were very good, almost at the level of ffdshow with hardware deinterlacing. The problem is the very high cpu usage... :(
clumpco

Post by clumpco »

A fairly simple feature request (I hope). Nothing technical, just a cosmetic touch...

The stream info shows both the Coded Size and the Display Size, however the video preview always has the aspect ratio of the Coded Size.
Most of my work is done with BBC 'half' full HD @ 1440x1088 which of course displays at 4:3.
Would it be possible to add an option to display at the aspect of the Display Size?

Cheers and as ever many thanks for a most excellent piece of software!
DAE avatar
Qriist

Post by Qriist »

I know it is already addressed but I would like to second the request: subtitle demuxing alongside audio - especially in commandline operations.
DAE avatar
MrMoody

Post by MrMoody »

neuron2 wrote:I have on my wish list to write my own CUDA deinterlacer.
+1 for this, particularly including a smart bobber. The current double rate mode is pretty useless.
DAE avatar
yesgrey

Post by yesgrey »

yesgrey wrote:So, maybe it would be a better idea to ask NVidia to give in CUVID the same deinterlacer they use in DXVA...
admin,
Have you been following this discussion?
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p ... ost1492474

It's possible to use the best deinterlacers with CUVID, even double adaptive!
It would be a nice addition to DGDecNV. ;)
DAE avatar
sandy_geser

Post by sandy_geser »

Hi

Does DGDecNV have command line options for specifying which audio track to demux and a minimize option? both exist on the good ole DGMPGDec but I don't see them on the manual for NV.

talking about equivalents for Minimize (-MINIMIZE) and Track Number -TN=track(s)

thanks
flyordie

Post by flyordie »

Could you please add a hotkey to the Cropping Filter Menu?
I just did a whole season of a show and clicking Video > Cropping Filter for every episode became very tedious. Especially since you would prefer we didn't monkey with the .dgi files manually. :)

If I choose File > Save Project and Demux Video Wouldn't it make sense for the associated .dgi and .avs (assuming template) be linked to the recently demuxed video file instead of the originally opened file? I can elaborate if you would like.

Perhaps a hotkey for Save Project and Demux Video?

Is it possible to display a time stamp or frame number for where the cursor is currently located? At present its can be difficult to get the exact same cuts unless you remember what images were up when you selected the start and end of a range. Perhaps the status bar to the right of Play from current location button would be a good location for this information.
xadox

Post by xadox »

It would be great if there will be a way to configure relative paths for the avs template option instead of absolute paths.
Greets XadoX
admin

Post by admin »

Doesn't turning off the option 'Use Full Paths" work for you?
xadox

Post by xadox »

I have already turned off the "Use Full Path" option.
Then I have set up the relative paths in the DGIndexNV.ini for the template file. But that has not worked for me.

Edit:
I need this becaue I use DGindexNV on a USB-Stick. So the Letters is not always the same on different mashines.
Greets XadoX
admin

Post by admin »

xadox, I have slipstreamed this feature into 2041 so re-download it, update DGIndexNV.exe, and give it a try. Look in the AVS Template option dialog for what you need. It should be very obvious. :lol:

I am interested in fully supporting your USB stick usage. Can you explain how you are managing to load DGDecodeNV.dll reliably from your USB stick? Do you require any further changes to support that?
xadox

Post by xadox »

neuron2 wrote:xadox, I have slipstreamed this feature into 2041 so re-download it, update DGIndexNV.exe, and give it a try. Look in the AVS Template option dialog for what you need...
Great, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thx
neuron2 wrote:I am interested in fully supporting your USB stick usage. Can you explain how you are managing to load DGDecodeNV.dll reliably from your USB stick? Do you require any further changes to support that?
Until now I have not found any portable version of AviSynth so I have to put DGDecodeNV.dll into the plugin folder (or load it instead from my stick).
Greets XadoX
DAE avatar
nibus

Post by nibus »

neuron2 wrote:As I said there are other remote access methods that do not disable the video driver. I forget which one people were recommending.
Do any of the VNC's keep the video driver initialized? Like RealVNC and UltraVNC.

edit: TightVNC works great. RealVNC has issues with Windows Vista/7.
DAE avatar
winston

SLI Support

Post by winston »

I installed a second video card the other day and noticed that I can only select one or the other for use with DGDecNV. If SLI is supported, am I missing something? If it isn't supported, any chance of getting it? Thanks
admin

Post by admin »

I don't know what you are asking for. CUVID does not run across GPUs.
DAE avatar
winston

Post by winston »

I was just asking if you could use multiple video cards at once but I guess you answered that question. Any chance that could ever happen?