Feature Requests

Support forum for DGDecNV
Bullwinkle

Feature Requests

Post by Bullwinkle »

The bluray spec uses ISO639-2/T. Suppose you could specify one of those 3-letter codes as your preferred language, what would you want me to do with that in DGDemux? I suppose that in the streams list just uncheck any streams that do not have that code. Could save you a few clicks but not an earth-shatteringly important feature. Still, if it's easy to implement, why not?
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Feature Requests

Post by Guest 2 »

Bullwinkle wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:34 pm
I suppose that in the streams list just uncheck any streams that do not have that code.
That.
Bullwinkle wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:34 pm
Could save you a few clicks but not an earth-shatteringly important feature. Still, if it's easy to implement, why not?
Thanks. ;)

P.S: Now that we introduced the language aware content creation, when you insert a DVD/BD in a region set player, it automatically knows which playlist to launch when multiple language video is available (i.e. Pixar/Disney movies). Is it possible to automatically focus the correct playlist when a given language/region is set? Usually I have to dig out which is the correct one, manually watching the variation in m2ts of the available mpls for the same movie.
Bullwinkle

Feature Requests

Post by Bullwinkle »

Regarding your P.S. we'll look into that. We need to parse MovieObject.bdmv and see what the navigation commands are doing.
DAE avatar
kliffgomel

Feature Requests

Post by kliffgomel »

In the case when the user, when indexing the source file, demultiplexes the video stream, most likely, he needs to work with the extracted video stream directly, and not with the original container file. In this case, it will be more convenient if DGIndex builds an index for the extracted elementary video stream by default, and not for the source file.
Add the option to build an index for the extracted video stream instead of the original file in the program settings.
Rocky

Feature Requests

Post by Rocky »

kliffgomel wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:20 am
In the case when the user, when indexing the source file, demultiplexes the video stream, most likely, he needs to work with the extracted video stream directly, and not with the original container file
Please justify this claim.

In any case doing this would be highly nontrivial so it's unlikely that we would do it.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Feature Requests

Post by Guest 2 »

Would you please make DGIndexNV.exe -a extract all streams by default, i.e. attachments such as ttf fonts, or add another option to have them all? I am trying to automate some tasks and I need it. :geek:
Rocky

Feature Requests

Post by Rocky »

Please be more specific about the stream type and what is missing.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Feature Requests

Post by Guest 2 »

Rocky wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:18 pm
Please be more specific about the stream type and what is missing.
My fault while configuring StaxRip, attachments are demuxed.

Tried on a mkv file so composed

Immagine 2021-02-10 101651.png
with the command line

DGIndexNV.exe -i "05 Tsubasa tiger 5.mkv" -o 5.dgi -a -h

All the streams but chapters.txt are present. Could you fix it?
Rocky

Feature Requests

Post by Rocky »

Guest 2 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:18 am
All the streams but chapters.txt are present. Could you fix it?
Sure.
DAE avatar
kliffgomel

Feature Requests

Post by kliffgomel »

Rocky wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:42 am
kliffgomel wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:20 am
In the case when the user, when indexing the source file, demultiplexes the video stream, most likely, he needs to work with the extracted video stream directly, and not with the original container file
Please justify this claim.

In any case doing this would be highly nontrivial so it's unlikely that we would do it.
In my practice, I often have to work with source files located on an external medium, such as network storage. I demultiplex the source files to the local computer using DGDecNV, including the video stream. When indexing such a project, DGDecNV uses the original file, although when extracting a video stream, it is no longer required and may not be available. As one of the solutions in this case, the indexing process can be started after the extraction of the video stream of the original file is completed, if the user does not need to work with the original file, but only the extracted streams are required. Nothing prevents you from re-indexing the file of the extracted video stream, but it takes additional time.
Rocky

Feature Requests

Post by Rocky »

As one of the solutions in this case, the indexing process can be started after the extraction of the video stream of the original file is completed
That is basically the same as demuxing and then indexing (two steps), except that it is done automatically. So it would bring little to no time saving. The design is such that your request (to do it as one step rather than two, i.e., one pass through the source files) is difficult to implement and would make a spaghetti bowl out of what is currently a pretty clean and tractible code base. Also, the demand for this feature is not great. We've had only two people ask for it over the history of DGDecNV. Finally, indexing is now so fast as to make it dubious to muck up the proven design to save a few minutes per project. Sorry, it's just not going to happen!
DAE avatar
kliffgomel

Feature Requests

Post by kliffgomel »

I agree that if we are talking about one project, then it seems that the time loss is relatively small. And if we are talking about automating dozens of 4K projects? It will be not minutes, but a day. Anyway, I don't have enough arguments for two interested users...
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Feature Requests

Post by Guest 2 »

Hi Rocky,

what about a queue feature? Sometimes I have to index a bunch of files and just don't want to stare the video to launch the next one. My idea is set all parameters and instead of saving the project, send to queue. Finished the "editing" part, just launch the jobs.

Even a very simple one would be useful.
DAE avatar

Feature Requests

Post by Guest »

@Guest 2
You do realize that you can launch multiple instances of DGIndexNV and DGDemux
DJATOM

Feature Requests

Post by DJATOM »

And you also can run batches (yet you have to write them manually or use substitution variables in bat files).
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Feature Requests

Post by Guest 2 »

gonca wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:34 pm
You do realize that you can launch multiple instances of DGIndexNV and DGDemux
Not everybody owns SDD or big enough to have material to work into.

Launching multiple instances would cause disk trashing.
DJATOM wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:00 pm
And you also can run batches (yet you have to write them manually or use substitution variables in bat files).
How can you run batches without having first to decide the parameters (tracks to demux, cropping, etc) and second dealing with boring text typing?
DAE avatar

Feature Requests

Post by Guest »

Not everybody owns SDD
250 to 500 GB for scratch drive
Not expensive in this day and age
thechaoscoder

Feature Requests

Post by thechaoscoder »

Guest 2 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:34 pm
How can you run batches without having first to decide the parameters (tracks to demux, cropping, etc) and second dealing with boring text typing?
demux all tracks and delete the unwanted tracks later... oh and crop also later. :D

With multi instance you can at least prepare all your videos beforehand. You only need to start every next run by hand then. Click on run, browse the internet, click run on the next instance, make some coffee, etc.
Bullwinkle

Feature Requests

Post by Bullwinkle »

Still, and all, some basic batch support could be usefully integrated. Maybe Sherman is done with his counterfactuality nonsense and can take this on.

@DG

Thank you for the new 11700K/RTX 3090 machine. You want us to put the linux drive on there, or put it on the first-backup 7700K machine?
DG

Feature Requests

Post by DG »

I'm down with whatever Levi decides. Get 'er done!
Sherman

Feature Requests

Post by Sherman »

Bullwinkle wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:58 pm
Maybe Sherman is done with his counterfactuality nonsense and can take this on
I'm on it, biotches. Back off!
Britney

Feature Requests

Post by Britney »

Foul mouth, Sherman. There are ladies here. Grow up!
Sherman

Feature Requests

Post by Sherman »

Britney wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:08 pm
Grow up!
Easy for you to say.
DAE avatar
Boulder

Feature Requests

Post by Boulder »

Would it be possible to utilize the Avisynth+ supported frame properties with DGSource, or does it already? They would be very useful in colorspace conversions etc. with plugins that read props.

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Internal_f ... properties
Rocky

Feature Requests

Post by Rocky »

Yes, of course that would be useful. IIRC a few are implemented but I need to add the others. It's already on my to-do list but I'll probably upgrade the MP4 support first.