Feature Requests

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Re: Feature Requests

Post by Guest 2 »

admin wrote:Can you be more specific about I should do and what we would gain from doing so? Thanks.
plugins should now be able to reliably specify their MT-mode using the SetCacheHints() mechanism (for an example, see the usage of CACHE_GET_MTMODE here)
Does DGNV dll already declare its MT-mode?
admin

Post by admin »

No, so avs+ will automatically use mode 3.
DAE avatar
Sharc

Re: Feature Request for x264 lossless

Post by Sharc »

DGDecNV currently fails to decode x264 lossless AVC format profile "High 4:4:4 Predictive Level 3".
Would it be possible to support this format in future?
DAE avatar
Aleron Ives

Post by Aleron Ives »

I could be wrong, but IIRC nVidia doesn't support it, because no user-facing content is ever lossless, so it's not something DG can fix without nVidia's help.
DAE avatar
Sharc

Post by Sharc »

Well, if so it's a pity. I wanted to capture video tapes to x264 lossless for later offline conversion to lossy and filtered AVC. DGdecNV would have been convenient for quick inspection/analysis of the captured files.
Anyway, I can view these files with MPC-HC / LAV instead, or capture to quasi-transparent (say CRF=10) lossy format with a very fast x264 settings and use DGDecNV on these.
admin

Post by admin »

Aleron is right, AFAIK. Lossless is not supported by CUVID.

LAV doesn't use CUVID for lossless, yes?
DAE avatar
Sharc

Post by Sharc »

LAV doesn't use CUVID, as far as I understand.
admin

Post by admin »

MKV subtitle development continues here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=623
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Think I responded to you in the MKV demux thread just as you locked it
admin

Post by admin »

No problem. Just make initial suggestions here and then I will split if it leads to development. Happy Sunday night.

The thread is open now at the link I gave, so it's unlocked and visible, with the archived material restored. Information escaped from a black hole. What are we to make of that? :o
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Information escaped from a black hole. What are we to make of that? :o
Quantum Mechanics at work?
My feature request, when you finish the present project AND if its not to much effort, would be the ability to select which streams to carry over on a "Output Trimmed TS" project since m2ts loses all language identifiers
A good night to you as well

[admin note -- following gonca post was moved here after a thread split]

When using "Output Trimmed TS" it might be useful to be able to select which tracks to use
The mpls has language indication but m2ts does not, so it would be useful, to me at least, to be able to select which audio and subtitle tracks to carry
admin

Post by admin »

gonca wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:43 pm
m2ts loses all language identifiers
You want a transport stream editor. OK, maybe. But not in DGDecNV. :cry:
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

I was thinking in DGIndexNV when creating a trimmed TS
Thanks for considering it
admin

Post by admin »

gonca wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:30 pm
I was thinking in DGIndexNV when creating a trimmed TS
Thanks for considering it
The TS trim support is literally just a DGSplit that forces to cut on 0x47 transport syncs starting at the beginning of the project range. It would be a big project to make a stream editor. I could display or dump info from the MPLS that might give you the information you need. Maybe if you described your work flow I could be more helpful.
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

I open the mpls for the main movie in DGIndexNV
Set the project range and Output Trimmed TS (m2ts extension)
I only need the main English audio track and English subtitles, but since m2ts has no language identifiers I write which are which
The idea is that if the trimmed TS would have only these tracks then it would simplify things downstream
If it is a lot of effort don't worry about it because it only means I have to write down a few track numbers
DAE avatar
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

I'm afraid It requires to know the specs of mpls, and maybe only those who have acces to Blu-Ray specs may have it... :scratch:

Personnaly to have these informations i run eac3to in the full Blu-Ray root directory (after rip, of course... :D ).
admin

Post by admin »

jpsdr wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:50 am
I'm afraid It requires to know the specs of mpls, and maybe only those who have acces to Blu-Ray specs may have it... :scratch:
I have the blu-ray specs.
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

jpsdr wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:50 am

Personnaly to have these informations i run eac3to in the full Blu-Ray root directory (after rip, of course... :D ).
That is what I do now to get the information, run eac3to and then note the info
admin

Post by admin »

I'll see if I can output that information for you, so at least you won't have to use EAC3TO to get it. Would a listing of the language by PID be what you need? What does EAC3TO tell you?
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Language by PID would work.
That is the reason I use eac3to on the disc, to see which audio/subtitle tracks are in English
eac3to basically outputs something like
track 1 chapters
track 2 video
track 3 audio-language etc
track 9 subtitle-language etc

By PID would be better since that is consistent, order tracks are shown in can vary by app, mkvmerge puts chapters last so video is now track 1
admin

Post by admin »

How do you relate tracks to PIDs? There is no concept of "track" in an m2ts that I am aware of.
admin

Post by admin »

I ran EAC3TO on a blu-ray rip of "The Island" and did not see any PIDs. What command are you using? As you can see I am still confused about the details of your work flow, what info you get from EAC3TO and how you use it.
DAE avatar
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

I don't know if this will answer your question :
Personnaly, i just run "eac3to > file.txt". But you have to run it on the root of the Blu-Ray.
Then, in the text file, you'll see langage informations. It probably take them from the mpls file.
admin

Post by admin »

Sure, but here is what I get below. Can't see any PIDs. What are the numbers 1), 2), and 3) and how can you use them? There are no track numbers. All the information below is already reported by DGIndexNV (except for the chapter count).

C:\Standalone Apps\EAC3TO>eac3to H:\THE_ISLAND_AC
1) 00800.mpls, 00800.m2ts, 2:16:04
- Chapters, 20 chapters
- h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
- DTS Master Audio, English, multi-channel, 48kHz
- AC3, French, multi-channel, 48kHz
- AC3, Spanish, multi-channel, 48kHz
- AC3, English, stereo, 48kHz

2) 00250.mpls, 00250.m2ts+01012.m2ts+01017.m2ts, 0:15:42
- MPEG2, 480i60 /1.001 (4:3)

3) 00253.mpls, 00250.m2ts, 0:15:32
- MPEG2, 480i60 /1.001 (4:3)
DAE avatar
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

For what i know :
I don't think the 1) 2)... are relevant to anything, it's just an enumeration, and i don't think you can use them.
I don't think eac3to output directly raw PID values (and i don't think it can), it translate them into the information displayed.

For the workflow, i let the others describe what they expect/want, i'm just posting here to provide any information i have to try to help if i can.

Beat me if i'm wrong... But DGIndex works from m2ts, not mpls...?
In that case, i don't think there is the chapters or the langage information, because these are provided by the mpls (beat me again if i'm wrong).
And... maybe these are the informations the others want...?