Support forum for DGDecNV
admin

Re: Feature Requests

Post by admin »

Guest 2 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:20 pm
admin wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:11 pm
Can you upload a 4:4:4 file to my ftp and tell me exactly the steps you did? I have only 4:2:2 streams.
Sure. Notice I am using the test version.
Yes, of course. That's the version I just accidentally deleted all the source code for before committing it. :wow:

Fortunately I do full system backups every day and cycle my backups through car -> closet > USB dock and I found the code in my car's glove compartment (glove box for you limey and aussie types).

People call me paranoid but it doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

I've been saved at least 5-10 times by backups over the years, both for OS and data. I cannot understand people that do not do backups. My niece doesn't bother even after I set her up with an external drive and Reflect. If her disk crashes she's going to lose 20 years of photos and other irreplaceable stuff. I guess she'll just say "Oh, well." On my last trip the external drive was gone. "Where's the drive?" "It's buried somewhere in the basement, I wanted to declutter the desk."
:facepalm:
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

admin wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:47 pm
Fortunately I do full system backups every day and found the code in my car's glove compartment (glove box for you limey and aussie types).
:lol:
Mkv is on FTP right now.
admin

Post by admin »

Great, thanks. Duplicated. Investigating...
admin

Post by admin »

Fixed in the new version linked in the MKV demux thread.

The modes edit box actually had nothing to do with it. It was a race between the error popup and the parser crashing on an unexpected value of profile_idc.
admin

Post by admin »

gonca wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:44 pm
Could you make it cook my meals and clean the house? :D It does just about everything else :bravo:
Can you please refer me to an appropriate spec for the meals. And a sample meal would be helpful too. Regarding the cleaning, when I get time to do my own house, I can consider doing yours. I demolished my kitchen a year ago and I'm still thinking about ordering new cabinets, etc. Meanwhile I am living out of one small frying pan and a microwave. The pizza slice box's top and bottom make fine free paper plates, ensuring that I have pizza for lunch at least every other day. And what's pizza without beer? Life is good. 8-)

Speaking of meals, I finally gave up on McDonalds. Bad food and inaccurate order filling on the last 5 trips, and anyway, they no longer speak English and they try to force me to use some unhygienic touch screen kiosk. No way, Hose-A. Chick-Fil-A is my new morning spot. What's Dunkin' Donuts like for morning chow?
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Meanwhile I am living out of one small frying pan and a microwave
Bachelor life, isn't it great?
Dunkin' Donuts?
If you like donuts and so-so coffee its fine
And what's pizza without beer?
Not so good
I finally gave up on McDonalds
Smart move
admin

Post by admin »

What about this stuff? Looks pretty good to me. Let's see if they speak English and can give you what you ordered at least 80% of the time.

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/en/food-dr ... ches-wraps

And some people think highly of DD coffee. I'll go tomorrow and post a review here.

Do not eat 7-11 food unless you want ptomaine poisoning.
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Lots of cholesterol
admin

Post by admin »

http://www.foodmatters.com/article/the- ... s-debunked

And for good measure:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 0605.x/pdf

He figured out low-carb in 1863 but nobody listened.
hydra3333

Post by hydra3333 »

(glove box for you limey and aussie types)
If your car boot looked like mine you'd never find it if you stored it in there ;)

PS not sure if ffmpeg opencl development is of any interest to you ... some young gun starting off in a career;
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-deve ... 26225.html
vf_convolution_opencl filter as qualification task for GSoC Video filtering with OpenCL project
I really do like it here.
admin

Post by admin »

hydra3333 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:26 pm
If your car boot looked like mine you'd never find it if you stored it in there ;)
We call a boot a trunk. Weird, I know, but so is boot.
PS not sure if ffmpeg opencl development is of any interest to you ... some young gun starting off in a career;
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-deve ... 26225.html
vf_convolution_opencl filter as qualification task for GSoC Video filtering with OpenCL project
Never got excited or interested in OpenCL. Maybe one day. Thanks for sharing the link.
admin

Post by admin »

Guys and gals, which of these would you like to see next?

* 10/12/16-bit support for my utility filters

* CUDA solution for HDR->SDR. I would probably implement Reinhard tone mapping.

* Something else (please specify).
DAE avatar
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

HDR -> SDR... :D
You're talking about a specific tone maping, does it mean you've made tests with several and thought this one is "the best" ?

Are you interested (even if you're not doing this feature right now) in an 50GB HDR movie, and in a 25GB file of the exact same movie in SDR ? It seems also that it's (at least for now) a "rare" 4k HDR nits mastering, when actualy almost all HDR mastering are for now at 1k nits.
Or maybe in smaller parts ? But if you want the whole thing, i can provide. The interest of having the whole movie is the possibility to test on a wide variety of scenes.
But maybe you allready have this kind of stuff ?
admin

Post by admin »

jpsdr wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:03 pm
does it mean you've ...
It means what it says.
Are you interested ...
Not really, but thanks.
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

first
* 10/12/16-bit support for my utility filters
since 4K movies come with a 1080p SDR version

second
* CUDA solution for HDR->SDR. I would probably implement Reinhard tone mapping.

but you choose, your software and your brain power
and thanks for continuing to improve DGTools
DAE avatar
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

i would like a 10/12/16 bit HDR->SDR... :D

More seriously, i also agree with gonca on the part "you choose" if finaly one feature request is not more asked than another.
My request was more for curiosity to see what it gives, than a real immediate needs.

Also, i'm sorry, it seems i've badly asked my question.
You choose one method among severals for HDR -> SDR.
Would you share the reason why you choose it ? Unless you've already done that in one of the posts of this 20 pages thread ?
admin

Post by admin »

I tested with the available Vapoursynth solutions and liked Reinhard best. It is also easy to implement and has some good literature representation. I have to start with something; that does not rule out adding other methods later. As there is no current Avisynth solution it would be good to get something usable out there.

As I mentioned earlier I am an incremental rather than a big-bang kind of person.

OK, gonna work on high-bit depth support for the utility filters.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

admin wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:39 am
10/12/16-bit support for my utility filters
This, at least 16 bit, as AviSynth+ 16 bit chain is almost complete. 10 bit as a necessary evil as h265 uses it in Main10 profile.
admin wrote:
CUDA solution for HDR->SDR. I would probably implement Reinhard tone mapping.
CUDA solution for HDR->SDR and possibly different dithering types even for bit depth decrease (at least none, ordered and floyd or bayer.
admin wrote:
Something else (please specify).
- High quality resizing (neural or any other hw possible thing)
- Temporal denoising (+ spatial, already existing)
- Make everything work as mtmode 2 in AVS+ :)
hydra3333

Post by hydra3333 »

:agree:

Note sure if this of any use or interest https://developers.google.com/media/vp9/hdr-encoding/
under the heading
Convert SDR to HDR with a look-up table (LUT)
Converting HDR to SDR requires the transcoder to understand how to map brightness levels and colors to the smaller BT.709 color space and non-HDR range of brightness. For best results, an LUT describing how to perform that mapping -- usually specific to the content -- can be used. Examples C and D show how to use a LUT. We used bt2020_to_bt709_example.cube https://storage.googleapis.com/media.we ... ample.cube

Note: The LUT above is provided as an example of how to use an LUT with FFMpeg and is not optimized for the content in the example. LUTs are nearly always optimized for specific content.
I really do like it here.
admin

Post by admin »

Interesting, thanks!
admin

Post by admin »

Guest 2 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:35 am
Sure, why not? :facepalm: :idea:
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

admin wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:04 pm
Sure, why not? :facepalm: :idea:
:hat:
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

Would you please add the duration HH:MM:SS on the right of resolution and fps? And yes, when setting start and end of project range, the duration of that too... :D
admin

Post by admin »

Add them where? Humor me, I'm getting on in years. :?
DJATOM

Post by DJATOM »

Guest 2 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:35 am
MT_NICE_FILTER will be better I think ;)
As I understood from explanations and filter examples, programmer must care about memory allocations at getframe requests, not at the filter constructor. Mt mode 2 will care about safe memory allocation if filter allocates memory in the constructor, but it allocate, say, 4 times more memory with Prefetch(4). Imagine my double CPUs Xeon 2665 server running with 32 threads, so Prefetch(32) will eat a lot of RAM.
PC: RTX 2070 | Ryzen R9 5950X (no OC) | 64 GB RAM
Notebook: RTX 4060 | Ryzen R9 7945HX | 32 GB RAM