Feature Requests

Support forum for DGDecNV
hydra3333

Feature Requests

Post by hydra3333 »

Just saw this, and posted it here in case it hasn't been posted already (couldn't readily spot it) ...
Guest 2 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:45 am
Rocky wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:46 pm
Forked off DGIndexNV to begin the upgrade to the MP4 support.
What about AV1 decode on newer cards? Not that I could permit one... :D
It is conceivable I may (perhaps) be able to afford a new card just before old age and the being with the scythe find me ... could it be possible av1 decode becomes available in the next 5 or so years ? ;)
Rocky

Feature Requests

Post by Rocky »

Not ruling out AV1 but please tell me what it is used for, and where it is found in the wild. We've always been rather disk oriented (bluray and UHD). Is AV1 just used for web video? Also, it appears to require 3000 series (Ampere) so I wonder if there is a critical mass of such cards owned to make it a worthwhile investment of our time at this point.
DJATOM

Feature Requests

Post by DJATOM »

AV1 is just started to get HW support in devices, I think there are not so much users yet.
Bleeding edge tech is cool, but maybe not worth an efforts for now.
hydra3333

Feature Requests

Post by hydra3333 »

Rocky wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:46 pm
Also, it appears to require 3000 series (Ampere) so I wonder if there is a critical mass of such cards owned to make it a worthwhile investment of our time at this point.
Yes, ok, agreed, fair cop.
More like a long-term wishlist entry when (if?) it becomes more widely implemented.
I may not live to see av1 widespread but that's cool, not of use in the meantime :)
Rocky

Feature Requests

Post by Rocky »

hydra3333 wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:08 am
I may not live to see av1 widespread
Me too. See you in the next life!
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Feature Requests

Post by Guest 2 »

Rocky wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:24 am
Ok, let's make a deal about preferred languages in demux section instead
I saw you implemented in DGDemux, thanks!

Waiting to try on DGIndexNV!
Rocky

Feature Requests

Post by Rocky »

Did you miss this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1096

Since you were the one to request this feature I'm patiently waiting for your feedback before releasing the DGIndexNV version.
DAE avatar
renols

Feature Requests

Post by renols »

Hi.

If what I request is because I am not aware of how things work, let me apoligize ahead of time.

My request concerns discs with more than one version of a movie and using seamless branching.

Example of disc is Star Trek II, The Wrath of Khan, which contains Directors Cut and Theatrical Cut.

Hm, looks like I can't insert a link. It is the Star Trek 4 movie 4k pack that contains the first 4 movies.

I am not sure if the disc can be bought seperatly.

The playlists are 801 = DC and 800 = Theatrical.

When I use dgindexnv to demux those two playlists, I get the same number of files in the demux menu.

However some audios and subs are meant for only one of the cuts.

When I use bdinfo and perform a scan on the two playlists, some of the tracks have an * in front of them, indicating that they are not supposed to be used in that playlist (as I understand it).

Using tsmuxer to open the playlists, it selects only some of the tracks by default. The tracks not selected are the ones marked with an * by bdinfo. The ones that are not meant for that playlist. All tracks are shown, and one can just select the ones not selected if one wants to do that. But it defaults to select just the ones meant for that playlist.

eac3to does like dgindexnv. It just demuxes all the tracks for both playlists.

That leads me to think that the mpls must have some information about which tracks don't belong to that playlist, or are not supposed to be used in that playlist.

Would it be possible for dgindexnv to also read that information, and adjust the demux drop down menu accordingly, so that only the tracks that are "working" for that playlist will be selected, and the other tracks not selected. I know that if this is done in combination with the new language setting, it might mess up things.

I have a feeling that if I mux in the tracks that are supposed to work with playlist 801 into the video from playlist 800, problems might occur. Like subs showing up at wrong times or something.

On the disc in question there are 3 commentary tracks. 1 commentary track is for DC cut and 2 commentary tracks are for theatrical cut. However after demuxing with dgindexnv, two of them are the same.

If I demux playlist 801 I would like the demux drop down menu to just have the correct commentary track and subtitle tracks for that playlist enabled. The other tracks still shown, but just not selected.

As I said at the start this might just be me not knowing how things work.

I hope my explanation makes sense. Englisg is not my primary language, so some of the explanations may read weird :-)

renols
Rocky

Feature Requests

Post by Rocky »

Your English is fine IMHO. Don't forget, I'm a squirrel.

I'm going to need to get a hold of the disk. You should be able to post a link. What is the problem? If you can't please send it to me by PM.

What is the source of your understanding about the * shown in bdinfo? Can you post a screen shot from bdinfo showing the *?

Are the M2TS lists the same for both playlists? Are there any angles involved?
Rocky

Feature Requests

Post by Rocky »

I found in bdinfo history:

"Added marking of "hidden" tracks - i.e. streams which are present in the underlying CLPI/M2TS, but absent in a given MPLS."

I don't know what "absent in a given MPLS" means,

Still investigating...
DAE avatar
renols

Feature Requests

Post by renols »

Hi.

The ones marked with an * in bdinfo as I understand it, are tracks that are not shown in the menu when the disc is played back, and the tracks can't be selected from the audio/subs menu during playback either.

Meaning they are "hidden" from the user.

On the disc in question when the disc is inserted in a player the user must choose DC or Theatrical cut. And depending on what is chosen here, different tracks become available.

The m2ts file lists are different. Some m2ts files are common for both cuts, while others are a bit different.

I haven't tried to mux the commentary audio made by demuxing the DC cut into the video from the Theatrical cut and see what happens.

I will try to paste the link again:

https://www.amazon.com/STAR-TREK-ORIGIN ... 465&sr=8-1

I don't know if the disc can be bought seperatly. The other three discs only contain one version of the movie.

I don't know how bdinfo and tsmuxer finds out which tracks should be "hidden"/not available. So I just asumed that it was some info that was in the mpls file.

renols
Rocky

Feature Requests

Post by Rocky »

Hmm, $137.00 for that. Can't justify that.

I'll have a look at the bdinfo and tsmuxer source code to see if there is any enlightenment in there. I can tell you that we won't implement a BD menu parser.

EDIT: I found a rip on-hand that contains hidden tracks so I'll use that to investigate.
DAE avatar
renols

Feature Requests

Post by renols »

Rocky wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:25 pm
Hmm, $137.00 for that. Can't justify that.

I'll have a look at the bdinfo and tsmuxer source code to see if there is any enlightenment in there. I can tell you that we won't implement a BD menu parser.

EDIT: I found a rip on-hand that contains hidden tracks so I'll use that to investigate.
Hi Rocky.

I think I sent you a pm, unless I did something wrong.

renols
Rocky

Feature Requests

Post by Rocky »

Not seeing a PM. Are you sure you sent it to me?
Bullwinkle

Feature Requests

Post by Bullwinkle »

Rocky wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:31 am
Since you were the one to request this feature I'm patiently waiting for your feedback before releasing the DGIndexNV version.
Could be mad that we didn't help with the American Gangster rip. Give it another day and then ship it.

I'm sure it's a cinematic masterpiece.
Curly

Feature Requests

Post by Curly »

For sure.

Rocky

Feature Requests

Post by Rocky »

Rocky wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:13 pm
I don't know what "absent in a given MPLS" means.
OK now I do know. Thank you, BDInfo. The MPLS STN_table lists the PIDs that are accessible. There may be more physical streams in the M2TS than are listed in the STN_table. Streams that physically exist but that are not listed in the STN_table are "hidden".

We currently do not parse the STN_table. Have to decide if it is worth the trouble to implement this request. Sure it would be nice to mark the hidden streams, but it is not a trivial effort.
Sherman

Feature Requests

Post by Sherman »

Hey Rock, I'll take a stab at this. I never looked at MPLS stuff before so it'll be a good exercise for me, and who knows, maybe it'll get me closer to becoming a moderator. :wow:
Natasha

Feature Requests

Post by Natasha »

Hope springs eternal, but it doesn't pay the rent.
Bullwinkle

Feature Requests

Post by Bullwinkle »

Speaking of hope, I hope you run into a cloud of pyrethrin. We'll make a nice memorial for you and shed crocodile tears.
Curly

Feature Requests

Post by Curly »

The oily boid catches the woim. Don't forget it. Nyah.
Rocky

Feature Requests

Post by Rocky »

Sherman wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:42 pm
Hey Rock, I'll take a stab at this.
Thank you, Sherman. Go for it!
Sherman

Feature Requests

Post by Sherman »

That was pretty easy. Try out this test build:

http://rationalqm.us/misc/DGIndexNV_test.rar

It's only the 64-bit version in there. Load a disk with hidden streams. When you go into the Demux menu, streams may be unchecked for 3 reasons:

1. Video is always unchecked by default.
2. Language preferences are defined and the stream is not one of the preferred languages.
3. The stream is hidden.

Please advise your test results. If it is working for you, I'll port it to DGDemux.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Feature Requests

Post by Guest 2 »

Sherman wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:57 am
3. The stream is hidden.
I don't have any hidden stream BD right now.

Are the hidden streams marked by DGIndexNV in some way, such as an asterisk or whatever?

P.S: Just tried it. The language selection is not working properly.
Sherman

Feature Requests

Post by Sherman »

Guest 2 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:01 pm
Are the hidden streams marked by DGIndexNV in some way, such as an asterisk or whatever?
Not yet, but they will be.
P.S: Just tried it. The language selection is not working properly.
What is not working? C'mon I can't read minds. Tell me what you did and what did not work. It's working fine for me. Remember you have to reload the MPLS after changing Languages in settings.