Feature Requests

Support forum for DGDecNV
admin

Re: Feature Requests

Post by admin »

How do you relate tracks to PIDs? There is no concept of "track" in an m2ts that I am aware of.
admin

Post by admin »

I ran EAC3TO on a blu-ray rip of "The Island" and did not see any PIDs. What command are you using? As you can see I am still confused about the details of your work flow, what info you get from EAC3TO and how you use it.
DAE avatar
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

I don't know if this will answer your question :
Personnaly, i just run "eac3to > file.txt". But you have to run it on the root of the Blu-Ray.
Then, in the text file, you'll see langage informations. It probably take them from the mpls file.
admin

Post by admin »

Sure, but here is what I get below. Can't see any PIDs. What are the numbers 1), 2), and 3) and how can you use them? There are no track numbers. All the information below is already reported by DGIndexNV (except for the chapter count).

C:\Standalone Apps\EAC3TO>eac3to H:\THE_ISLAND_AC
1) 00800.mpls, 00800.m2ts, 2:16:04
- Chapters, 20 chapters
- h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
- DTS Master Audio, English, multi-channel, 48kHz
- AC3, French, multi-channel, 48kHz
- AC3, Spanish, multi-channel, 48kHz
- AC3, English, stereo, 48kHz

2) 00250.mpls, 00250.m2ts+01012.m2ts+01017.m2ts, 0:15:42
- MPEG2, 480i60 /1.001 (4:3)

3) 00253.mpls, 00250.m2ts, 0:15:32
- MPEG2, 480i60 /1.001 (4:3)
DAE avatar
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

For what i know :
I don't think the 1) 2)... are relevant to anything, it's just an enumeration, and i don't think you can use them.
I don't think eac3to output directly raw PID values (and i don't think it can), it translate them into the information displayed.

For the workflow, i let the others describe what they expect/want, i'm just posting here to provide any information i have to try to help if i can.

Beat me if i'm wrong... But DGIndex works from m2ts, not mpls...?
In that case, i don't think there is the chapters or the langage information, because these are provided by the mpls (beat me again if i'm wrong).
And... maybe these are the informations the others want...?
admin

Post by admin »

DGIndexNV loads MPLS files and has full access to the information therein. Hopefully gonca will enlighten us with some details of his workflow that require EAC3TO.

Going shopping for cat food...
DAE avatar
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

Ah... you replied while i was editing my post...
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

admin wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:59 am
How do you relate tracks to PIDs? There is no concept of "track" in an m2ts that I am aware of.
During the selecting of trimmed TS output from a mpls if info relating PID to language is presented I could use that information later when demuxing, audio for example, by matching the PID presented to the PID in the demux audio menu
Track might have been a bad choice, stream might be more appropriate
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

admin wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:13 am
I ran EAC3TO on a blu-ray rip of "The Island" and did not see any PIDs. What command are you using? As you can see I am still confused about the details of your work flow, what info you get from EAC3TO and how you use it.
I just get track/stream numbers, and then correlate that to what streams are in the m2ts
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

jpsdr wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:26 pm
For what i know :
I don't think the 1) 2)... are relevant to anything, it's just an enumeration, and i don't think you can use them.
I don't think eac3to output directly raw PID values (and i don't think it can), it translate them into the information displayed.

For the workflow, i let the others describe what they expect/want, i'm just posting here to provide any information i have to try to help if i can.

Beat me if i'm wrong... But DGIndex works from m2ts, not mpls...?
In that case, i don't think there is the chapters or the langage information, because these are provided by the mpls (beat me again if i'm wrong).
And... maybe these are the informations the others want...?
I just open the mpls in DGIndexNV
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Workflow
Open main movie mpls in DGIndexNV
Set project range (start - stop points)
Output Trimmed TS (m2ts extension)
All streams are output in the new m2ts
For further work...
Create dgi file and de mux desired audio
This is where the PID of the streams are shown, but there is no language indicator in the m2ts which is where I try to correlate the info from eac3to with the sequence of streams

EAC3to output
eac3to v3.34
command line: "C:\Program Files (Portable)\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "G:" 1) -progressnumbers -LOG="W:\SUBTITLES\LOGS\eac3to_PASS2_LOG.LOG"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 6 audio tracks, 6 subtitle tracks, 1:54:29, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 12 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: TrueHD/AC3 (Atmos), English, 7.1 channels, 48kHz
(embedded: AC3 EX, 5.1 channels, 384kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB)
4: AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
5: AC3, French, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
6: AC3, Spanish, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
7: AC3, Portuguese, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
8: AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
9: Subtitle (PGS), English
10: Subtitle (PGS), French
11: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
12: Subtitle (PGS), Portuguese
13: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
14: Subtitle (PGS), Portuguese
That is where the stream numbers come from
admin

Post by admin »

It's still not the complete workflow. I asked several times what you do with those numbers. OK, let it go.

The mt2s file may contain audio descriptors which I could display. Investigating...
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

I use the numbers, stream numbers, to correlate with the m2ts streams
Basically I use them like this
EAC3to m2ts stream
_2__ __1__video
_4__ __3__audio-english stream to keep
_7__ __6__subtitle-english stream to keep
etc
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

I was having a wobbly pop and that seems to have triggered a few brain cells :facepalm:
stream 3 > PID 1100
stream 4 > PID 1101
etc
I use this to know which PID (audio) to demux for my workflow
This means I need to keep track of this info for every movie
Hope this makes it clearer how I use the stream numbers to correlate to PIDs
admin

Post by admin »

But how did you tie those numbers to PIDs? I suppose you could get lucky and the PIDs order happens to be the same as the "stream number" from EAC3TO, but I don't think there's anything that guarantees that (I don't know how EAC3TO assigns these numbers). Anyway, I don't think it's needed because DGIndexNV has all the information you need.

If you open the MPLS in DGIndexNV and then hit F5 the Audio window will show you the PID's and their languages (shows in the Demux dialog too). They are taken from the MPLS file. Those PIDs remain valid in the trimmed M2TS. So just note the PIDs you need when you load the MPLS. Then do your trimmed M2TS and you'll have the PIDs you need when you open the trimmed M2TS.

As I mentioned, in addition there may be some relevant descriptors in the M2TS file. I'm looking at that but I think what I mentioned is enough to solve your problem, at least for audio, assuming I have understood it correctly.

The reason I keep asking about your process is that I think that there should be no need for EAC3TO in your process, so I'm trying to find out what info it is giving you that is not available from DGIndexNV. Then I can try to add it if possible. Another thing I can do is show the PIDs for the PGS streams, but that would come out of generalizing the new MKV demux design to the other containers, including TS/M2TS.

Another thing is why make a trimmed M2TS at all when you can just load the MPLS, set the project range, select the audio stream you want, and then save your project? Now re-encode the Avs script or whatever and then mux it all together again. That's the usage philosophy of DGDecNV. I'd love to know why you need the trimmed M2TS.
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

As to EAC3to, probably have been lucky in the order.
F5, wasn't aware of that functionality, yes that would eliminate the need for EAC3to
The trimmed ts, well I am a noob at scripting and I am still learning basic stuff, guess I should look at learning some audio scripts so I can in-cooperate it into the template, because I use the trimmed TS to set the range for the audio
F5 does what I need, thanks
:hat:
admin

Post by admin »

gonca wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:44 pm
F5, wasn't aware of that functionality, yes that would eliminate the need for EAC3to
F5 is just a shortcut for the preview button >o. You must have played streams in DGDecNV. And it's in the Demux dialog too.
The trimmed ts, well I am a noob at scripting and I am still learning basic stuff, guess I should look at learning some audio scripts so I can in-cooperate it into the template, because I use the trimmed TS to set the range for the audio
You don't need to do any audio scripting (unless you want to filter and re-encode the audio). Demuxed audio always is cut to match the project range. So you can just do whatever to the video and then mux it back with the demuxed audio.

I'm thinking you're making things way harder than they need to be, unless there is something unusual in your workflow and/or what you are trying to achieve, but I couldn't seem to get a full description of that.
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

F5 is just a shortcut for the preview button >o. You must have played streams in DGDecNV. And it's in the Demux dialog too.
Play streams in DGDecNV all the time, that is how I find the project range :oops:
Feel like Homer Simpson all of the sudden
You're making things way harder than they need to be.
Bad habit of mine, when I try to learn new things I sometimes do make things difficult for myself
Thanks for the help and explanation
trying to achieve
Take a movie playlist, remove studio logos and end credits, and re-encode to hevc, take the audio and re-encode ac3 at 640kbps
Playing with this stuff helps me think, keeps the old grey matter functioning
admin

Post by admin »

Happy to help! :D
DAE avatar
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

I didn't know you can open mpls in DGIndexNV... So, as i said, you can beat me... :bow:
admin

Post by admin »

jpsdr wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:52 am
you can beat me
Violence is no solution...unless you are a dead horse. :lol:
admin

Post by admin »

gonca wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:28 pm
Take a movie playlist, remove studio logos and end credits, and re-encode to hevc, take the audio and re-encode ac3 at 640kbps
Playing with this stuff helps me think, keeps the old grey matter functioning
Perfect scenario for the adduced DGDecNV usage philosophy; there's no need for TS trimming.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

4:4:4

Post by Guest 2 »

I was looking for some strange and wicked material to test demuxing and I went thru a strange mkv with video encoded as 4:4:4 profile with 10 bit depth too.

DGIndexNV tells: "GPU decoder: CUVID currently supports only 4:2:0 chroma".

Is it a hardware or a software boundary?

Code: Select all

Video
ID                             : 1
Format                         : AVC
Format/Info                    : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                 : High 4:4:4 Predictive@L5
Format settings                : CABAC / 16 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC         : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames      : 16 frames
Codec ID                       : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration                       : 1 h 3 min
Bit rate                       : 2 282 kb/s
Width                          : 1 280 pixels
Height                         : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio           : 16:9
Frame rate mode                : Constant
Frame rate                     : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space                    : YUV
Chroma subsampling             : 4:4:4
Bit depth                      : 10 bits
Scan type                      : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)             : 0.103
Stream size                    : 1.01 GiB (94%)
Writing library                : x264 core 148 r2705+54 9f484c1 t_mod_Custom [10-bit@all X86_64]
Encoding settings              : cabac=1 / ref=16 / deblock=1:-1:-2 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / fade_compensate=0.45 / psy_rd=0.70:0.08 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=9 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=0 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / fgo=0 / bframes=16 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=infinite / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=80 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=16.3500 / qcomp=0.73 / qpmin=0:0:0 / qpmax=35:35:35 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=3:0.88 / aq-sensitivity=10.00 / aq-factor=1.00:1.00:1.00 / aq2=0 / aq3=0
Language                       : English
Default                        : Yes
Forced                         : No
Color range                    : Limited
Matrix coefficients            : BT.709
admin

Post by admin »

NVDec (CUVID) does not support 4:4:4. Call it HW if you like because the VP engine is apparently limited.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

admin wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:21 pm
NVDec (CUVID) does not support 4:4:4. Call it HW if you like because the VP engine is apparently limited.
If I try to set Decode_Modes=1,1,1,1 (in Settings) before exiting DGIndexNV, it hangs when dropping that file.

If I set 1,1,1,1, exit (so that it saves ini), run again and drop file, it complains with usual message then quits.