Support forum for DGDecNV
tormento
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Re: Feature Requests

Post by tormento » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:30 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:38 pm
You're a tough taskmaster. I'll see what I can do. How about a multiline title window? :twisted:
Are you talking about duration? Never saw a multiline title window in my life. How is it possible?

Anyway, as most of us are using 16:9 screens, better to expand in lenght than in height. :D

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:15 pm

Owner draw, of course. But I was being facetious.

There's already a cursor that runs along the timeline.

tormento
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Post by tormento » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:59 am

admin wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:15 pm
There's already a cursor that runs along the timeline.
I know but most of times I run it minimized. Anyway, no problem :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:32 am

I can't show the duration until after the project is saved. The entire stream must be parsed to count the frames. I do not use heuristics based on timestamps or anything like that, and anyway, elementary streams have no timestamps. So I could show the duration in the title bar after the project is saved or after a DGI file is loaded. It would be better, though, to show it on the Info dialog so that it gets placed in the log file. Showing the project range times would also be difficult for the same reason.

Is any of this any good to you?

tormento
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Post by tormento » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:17 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:32 am
Is any of this any good to you?
For MKV too you can't get duration info?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:21 pm

Sure but I want to have everything handled the same. It's one of my primary design goals!

renols
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Post by renols » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:18 am

Hi.

A lot of Work seems to have gone into demuxing MKV files with subtitles and everything.

Would the same thing be possible for M2TS files, or when opening an MPLS playlist?

Right now when I open an MPLS file and choose the demux menu, I only get the option for video and audio demuxing. No subs.

And the naming scheme of the files also seems to be limited. In the demux menu the lanuguage of the audio tracks are written. But after demux that info is gone, and you are left with 1100, 1101, 1102, 1103 and so on. You then have to have the demux menu open and rename the files manually.

If I open the MPLS in mkvmerge, and create a MKV file, and then load that MKV file into dgindex and choose the demux menu, then I get the option for video, audio, subs and chapters. And maybe even more. and the naming of files after demux, also contains the language of the track in the name.

Just seems like going accross the river to get some Water, to first have to create a MKV file, with the soul purpose of demuxing that, rather then using the MPLS file in dgindex directly.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for a great piece of software.

renols

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:06 am

Sure, renols, the enhancements can be done for transport and program streams, and I have said that I will do it at some point. You're going to have to be a bit patient as I have a lot on my plate right now.

I can add the language to the demuxed filenames fairly easily. I'll do it but of course MEGUI users will hate me because the audio files won't be added to the main screen (until Zathor revises MEGUI).

I am an incremental not a big bang kind of guy. ;)

tormento
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Post by tormento » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:40 am

admin wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:21 pm
It's one of my primary design goals!
And putting a ~(approximately) in front of duration and give correct one once demuxed?

renols
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Post by renols » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 am

admin wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:06 am
Sure, renols, the enhancements can be done for transport and program streams, and I have said that I will do it at some point. You're going to have to be a bit patient as I have a lot on my plate right now.

I am an incremental not a big bang kind of guy. ;)
No problem. I didn't see that you mentioned that the enhancements would be addapted for other streams.

I will put on my "be patient" cap :-)

renols