Feature Requests

Support forum for DGDecNV
admin

Re: Feature Requests

Post by admin »

@renols

I've got detection and identification working for loading MPLS. I plan not to do anything if you load M2TS mainly because I can't be sure it is from a bluray (if from a bluray then PIDS 0x12xx are PGS subs) and I can't get the languages. Is it going to be OK for you if this mechanism works only when you open the MPLS?
admin

Post by admin »

Here is a test version. Note that you must open the MPLS file to get your PGS subs detected. Otherwise the Demux dialog and operation are the same as for MKV files. Please let me know your results. I haven't tested with CLI yet but it might work.

http://rationalqm.us/misc/renols.rar
DAE avatar
renols

Post by renols »

Hi.

I just tested the 64bit test file, and it seems to be working quite nicely.

I think it would be OK, if it just works with the MPLS file.

I don't know how much info is available to you, but if the number of subs, and maybe the number of forced subs if any, somehow could be added to the filename it would be even better. But I don't know if that info is available to you.

That info could help determine which stream would be the SDH one for example, since those typically have a lot more subs in the file.

One could also just open each stream in Subtitle edit. But if the info was right in the file name, it would be super.

The demuxing of the subs themselves are working though, which basically is what I asked for :-)

Thanks a lot for the swift work.

renols

Btw. Had to look up what in the world the code "ell" was. Turns out it is "Modern Greek". Who knew :-)
admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for your test results and I'm glad it's working for you. I'll look into your further suggestion. I can surely count subs and forced subs but would rather put the counts in the info log file, rather than the filename.

I never heard of "ell" too.
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

This new function seems to work really well, it might even streamline my workflow a bit more
Question, as per the manual
RANGE 0 0 200000 0

For elementary and transport streams, the first number on this line is the offset in the source file corresponding to the left selection range value. The third number is the offset in the source file corresponding to the right selection range value.
What is the offset measured in?
admin

Post by admin »

gonca wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:56 pm
What is the offset measured in?
Bytes. It's zero-based, so offset N is the (N+1)th byte.

@renols

I have the total subs and forced subs being counted and printed in the log file for each demuxed PGS. It helps to have the BluRay spec in hand. ;)

I'll give y'all a slipstream tomorrow. Then it's back to DGHDRtoSDR.
admin

Post by admin »

Changes released as slipstream 148.

:salute: renols
DAE avatar
renols

Post by renols »

admin wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:34 am
Changes released as slipstream 148.

:salute: renols
Thank you very much.

Much appreciated :-)

renols
DAE avatar
Nginx

Post by Nginx »

Hi staff.
I have a new demux feature request.

In my current encoding task flow, I need to
* Index m2ts and encode video
* encode audio
* mux chapters & subtitles etc

So when I use DG Tools , it will index the video and demux audio track. And I need to use eac3to to extract subtitle tracks with extra efforts.

REQ:
I wonder if DG tools can stop me from using eac3to for extra demux stuffs so when I create index , it can also demux audio as well as subtitle tracks too.

:D :D
admin

Post by admin »

DGIndexNV can already demux audio from M2TS. It can also demux subtitles if you open the M2TS stream(s) via the playlist MPLS.
DAE avatar
Nginx

Post by Nginx »

admin wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:34 am
DGIndexNV can already demux audio from M2TS. It can also demux subtitles if you open the M2TS stream(s) via the playlist MPLS.
Last time I used DG Tools I only get .dgi + couple audio tracks (.thd .ac3 etc). I will try the latest version of DGIndexNV tonight.
admin

Post by admin »

You can subscribe to the Binaries Notification thread to receive notification of new features and bug fixes for all my tools.
DAE avatar
Nginx

Post by Nginx »

I've confirmed that it can demux subtitles. Million thanks. :hat:
admin

Post by admin »

You're welcome.
DAE avatar
renols

Post by renols »

Hi.

Found a small issue today.

Seems like the number of subtitles written in the log file is wrong by a factor of 2.

00801 PID 1200 eng.sup [total 4134, forced 0] (the actual number of subs are 2067)
00801 PID 1208 eng.sup [total 2, forced 0] (the actual number of subs are 1)

Otherwise it seems to be working as expected :-)

This is not related to feature requests, but I have been wondering about it for a while, and not been able to find the answer in the manual.

When demuxing AC3 tracks is the Dialog Normalization removed like it is in eac3to by default, or is it something that must somehow be done after the demuxing?

renols
admin

Post by admin »

Investigating the subs number issue...

Dialog norm is not removed. I'll look into doing that optionally. Right now, I don't even know what it is. :lol:
DAE avatar
renols

Post by renols »

admin wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:14 am

Dialog norm is not removed. I'll look into doing that optionally. Right now, I don't even know what it is. :lol:
Hehe.

I have no clue either. Just notice when using eac3to that it removes it per default, and it says that it is not recommended not to remove it.

-keepDialnorm disables dialog normalization removal (not recommended)

Maybe someone else can shed some light on the subject :-)

Thanks for looking into the subs counting issue.

renols
admin

Post by admin »

OK, for subs counting I was not allowing for subs that require more than one Object Definition Segment (because they are too large to fit in one). I now read the flag that identifies the first one and increment only when I see that. Will be in the next slipstream.

Looking into dialog norm now...
admin

Post by admin »

So, in view of the following link, and the fact that in the entire history of DGIndex and DGIndexNV nobody has ever complained about the demuxed audio not removing dialnorm, I don't plan to do anything about it unless someone makes a very convincing case for it.

https://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_7_2/ ... -2000.html
DAE avatar
sparktank

Post by sparktank »

renols wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:05 am
admin wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:14 am

Hehe.

I have no clue either. Just notice when using eac3to that it removes it per default, and it says that it is not recommended not to remove it.

-keepDialnorm disables dialog normalization removal (not recommended)

Maybe someone else can shed some light on the subject :-)

Thanks for looking into the subs counting issue.

renols
eac3to doesn't remove DN on DTS-HD streams (since it never worked anyway).
Before update v3.29, it was only a cosmetic error that says it was removed (when it never really was).
There's lots of posts about it on doom9 forum if you search.

Removign DN is recommended if you want to transcode to a different format.
It's only metadata, no real conversion.

DN is not the same as Dynamic Range Compression, which requires re-encoding the whole stream.

There's a lot of info on doom9 forums:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=158044
Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 | GPU Caps Viewer
Windows 10 Annversary (x64) | ASVPlus_x64
Region A/R1
admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the info, sparktank!
DAE avatar
sparktank

Post by sparktank »

I've been so used to dealing with just AVC progressive streams, that going back to SD content on DVD (MPEG), I find myself brushing up on things I haven't needed to look up for some time.

Would it, by chance, be too much to ask for a cheatsheet for the info in the *.dgi Files?
The info the DGI files is more relevant than screenshotting the live index with DGdecNV.

Just minor things, like what the colormetry of 2 2 2 means in the file.
Probably just the common and expected (legal) formats allowed.

I keep text files of these, but mainly just for AVC as I tend to neglect anything that doesn't use AVC.

And when I upgrade my card to index HEVC, there'll be more cheatsheets for that as well.

I really can't remember where I keep the free documents on the format specifications.
I should be keeping shortcuts on the desktop in a folder, but I like my desktop super clean.
Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 | GPU Caps Viewer
Windows 10 Annversary (x64) | ASVPlus_x64
Region A/R1
admin

Post by admin »

DGI file formats and semantics are described in the DGIndexNV user manual. Is there something missing?
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Crop

Post by Guest 2 »

I'd like a faster way to use video crop, such as it was before the last slipstream.

Could you please make DGIndexNV cropping to interact with template.avs and output the wanted values in DGSource()?

Please :D
admin

Post by admin »

Seems to me you should have brought this up while we were deciding what to do. You're basically asking me to just revert the changes we made.