Feature Requests

Support forum for DGDecNV
Boulder

Re: Feature Requests

Post by Boulder » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:53 am

DmitryKz wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:37 am
Hello!
I did not find the answer in the documentation (maybe I was looking badly) - can DGIndexNV make an index file for each downloaded file, and not one common index file (.dgi) for all files in the list (i.e. make multiple *.DGIs)? I want to individually recode each file using AviSint, but I don’t understand how this can be done with DGIndexNV.
I've more than 400 *.ts files and make index files for each tooo long)))
I would be grateful for the answer.
You can use the command line client for that.
Open a command prompt, change to the directory where the files to index are and execute a commandline "for %f in (*.ts) do "path\to\your\dgindex.exe" -i "%f" -o "%~nf.dgi" -e -h"

It will create an index file for each .ts file.

DmitryKz

Post by DmitryKz » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:49 am

Dear Boulder, many many thanks. This is exactly what I need.

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:16 am

Thank you for helping out, Boulder.

tormento

Post by tormento » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:18 am

Just thinking out about my last indexing:

- add number of progressive, TFF, BFF at the end of dgi, beside FILM;
- scan images while indexing, giving some better parameter approximation for DGHDRtoSDR and other HDR functions (sliding window range?). At this point it could be incorporated into DGSource as it would be reading same DGI, having parameters for different ranges of video.

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:10 am

Your second suggestion is like an earlier one that asked to allow timeline navigation while the Crop dialog is active. I experimented with it but ran into technical difficulties that I did not have the time nor motivation to solve at the time. I keep it as an active request but it's a bit low on the priority list.

Same for your request for additional statistics, low priority I'm afraid. I'm not a spring chicken anymore and I zealously guard the time remaining on my progress bar of life.

tormento

Post by tormento » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:28 am

Rocky wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:10 am
Your second suggestion is like an earlier one that asked to allow timeline navigation while the Crop dialog is active.
Sorry, I was not clear enough. My idea was, while indexing to dgi, mark the brightest and lowest of video (on range or frame base) and then feed HDR to SDR conversion with that results to have better parameters, dinamically.
Rocky wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:10 am
Given average male life expectation of 80, are you 67? :lol:

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:33 am

67.314... as you can see at the bottom left.

Sure, I understand your request. Again, it's a reasonable thing to ask for, but it's low priority for me.