Support forum for DGDecNV
admin

Re: Licence problems

Post by admin »

Do this first please:

Open a DOS window and do ipconfig /all
Leave it showing.
Open DGIndexNV and show the Help/About dialog
Make a screenshot showing the ipconfig results and the machine ID.
Reboot and repeat that.
Show me both screenshots.

Thank you.
DAE avatar
dansus

Post by dansus »

Ok, did as you asked and the ID didnt change for once, not sure how long that will last.

But more bizarrely, i loaded up a file to index it and it worked, even though i havent put a new code in and none of the old codes match up.

Machine ID 7E300BF2
Machine ID 7E300BF2
Machine ID E8ABA6DB
Machine ID 53829B7F
Machine ID 99F6ECF5
Machine ID 395016DF
Machine ID 91AB53BA
Machine ID EBE3348B

Current Machine ID 98E70712

admin

Post by admin »

Regarding machine ID changes, that should not happen if the active IP address stays the same. If you run into a case of the machine ID changing without the IP address changing, then please give both screenshots as I asked. This is not happening for you now so I defer further consideration of it.

Now you say you can open a file without a corresponding license for your current machine ID. If you want me to look into that, then email me a screenshot of the Help/About dialog together with your license file attached. Thank you.
DAE avatar
dansus

Post by dansus »

Email sent.
admin

Post by admin »

The seventh key in your license file is correct for your current machine ID.
DAE avatar
dansus

Post by dansus »

Knew it was too good to be true, after indexing the file mentioned earlier, few hours later without restarting pc, i loaded up a new one and got the license error. The ID has changed.

(I notice there is another adaptor active in the second ipconfig, maybe thats something.)

Old

New
DAE avatar
dansus

Post by dansus »

Ok, so i disabled this Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-interface 6to4 Adapter thing and so far the ID is stable across reboots. Cant test it across index's yet obviously.

If its still that way after mirroring todays usage profile and a few reboots, think we may have cracked it.
DAE avatar
dansus

Post by dansus »

How is this possible, when i switch the pc on in the morning ID is 98E70712, then without me touching it, 12 hours later when im back, the ID changes to ED7AD81A.

At least its kind of stable now, between these two ID's.
DAE avatar
dansus

Post by dansus »

So whats the next move?
admin

Post by admin »

You said it's stable. What are you asking for now? A license reset to zero?

I don't know why your system is changing like that. You'll have to look into it if it bothers you.
DAE avatar
dansus

Post by dansus »

Sorry, i thought you were interested in working out the issue.

I dont have a code for ED7AD81A.
DAE avatar
dansus

Post by dansus »

Anyway, can you reset the license so i can use the tool.

Ta.
DAE avatar
dansus

Post by dansus »

HI, can you reset the license please.
admin

Post by admin »

License count was reset to 0.
DAE avatar
dodge76

Post by dodge76 »

Hi All,

unfortunately I have the exact same issue as Dansus. Each time I start my new machine I get a new ID. However the software of Blackberry installed a VPN adapter. I'll disable this one (as I don't need it all the time) and try again. I assume this issue is not really solved.

Update:
The moment I disabled this virtual VPN adapter I got a new ID. Even without rebooting.

BR
Joachim
DAE avatar
zoeyku

Post by zoeyku »

eems a reboot is enough to change the ID, happening every time.
DAE avatar
dodge76

Post by dodge76 »

dodge76 wrote: The moment I disabled this virtual VPN adapter I got a new ID. Even without rebooting.
As long I keep this VPN adapter disabled the ID remains the same. A reboot doesn't create a new ID now.

@Donald: is there a way you could ignore virtual network adapters when computing the ID?
Or if you cannot distinguish between real and virtual adapters maybe present a dialog where the user needs to pick the real NIC from a list of all available NICs on the system?

Many thanks!
Joachim
DAE avatar
mastrboy

Post by mastrboy »

Ignoring OpenVPN tun/tap interfaces would be great indeed, I always have to log out of my VPN when I'm going to use DGIndexNV
DAE avatar
Nick007

Post by Nick007 »

Seconded. Although it doesn't change for me when I connect to different VPN server and get new internal IP (OpenVPN client).
admin

Post by admin »

I'll look into the VPN issue.

@zoeyku

I deleted your spam signature. Don't restore it.
DAE avatar
BarryW

Post by BarryW »

Most software license systems are tied to the unique 6 byte MAC address of the LAN (not the IP address). Things can start going wrong when you fit a second LAN card or wireless LAN or a VPN or install Virtual Machine software like VMWare or VirtualBox. There's also software like the SMAC utility for changing the MAC address of LAN's but it's not recommended as it can cause clashing if you have 2 PC's with the same MAC address on a network. The best thing to do is remove any extra VPN's or Virtual Machine software and disable any extra LAN or wireless cards. Windows 7 and 8 comes with a tunnel VPN for IPv6 support which is needed so don't remove the original tunnel VPN. If you need this stuff then use another PC and use the primary PC for DGIndexNV only.

I'm using IPv6 through a VPN tunnel and DGIndexNV license works ok.
The same problems occur with Bitstreamtools TS Packet Editor - license file stops working when changing LAN setup.
DAE avatar
reimann3

Post by reimann3 »

I'm using a new router(not mine) so I need to generate another license. I moved and wifi is supplied
admin

Post by admin »

OK, so go ahead and create a new license using the online generator and *add* the new license to your license file.
DAE avatar
reimann3

Post by reimann3 »

neuron2 wrote:OK, so go ahead and create a new license using the online generator and *add* the new license to your license file.
where is that link?
admin

Post by admin »

So you just threw away your activation email, which describes these things? I have re-sent it to your registered email account.