[RESOLVED] Incorrect definition of number of fps

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
alexx7777

[RESOLVED] Incorrect definition of number of fps

Post by alexx7777 »

DGIndexNV opens the video as 25 fps progressive. Actually 50 fps progressive . Video compressed MPEG4 AVC. Please tell me you have something to fix it?
admin

Re: Incorrect definition of number of fps

Post by admin »

The AVC elementary stream may not specify the frame rate (this can be so when the container itself specifies it), in which case I assume 25fps.

You may use AssumeFPS() in your script to set the correct frame rate in such cases.

DGSource().AssumeFPS(50.0)

Alternatively, you may edit the DGI file.
DAE avatar
alexx7777

Post by alexx7777 »

Image[/img]

DGSource (). AssumeFPS (50.0) - tried , the playback speed of a video image became two times faster. This effect, I did not need. If the edit dgi, it is necessary to replace in the end of the file to the correct frequency, understood You correctly? Image[/img]
admin

Post by admin »

That suggests that the stream is not really 50fps. Please provide me with an unprocessed original source sample. Upload it to mediafire.com and give the link here. You can use DGSplit to cut the source stream (unless it is MKV).

Please don't demux, give me the original source stream.

Don't bother with editing the DGI, it has the same effect as AssumeFPS().
admin

Post by admin »

Somehow you are confusing yourself. With this script:

dgsource("HDV_0598.dgi").assumefps(50.0)

The video plays at the correct speed and its length of 37.7 seconds at 50 fps exactly matches the audio length.

What makes you say it plays too fast?

The lady is very talented BTW. Please tell her I said Bravo!
DAE avatar
alexx7777

Post by alexx7777 »

Thank you very much for your help. All right, got it wrong yesterday in a small panic with 50 i, first load DGDecNV 50 p, it showed 25, then forgetting that in the same folder are 50 and i, uploaded it without noticing that it is interlaced. Sorry, for such carelessness. Be sure to give a word of praise to the pianist. No sound, which codec is best to install?
admin

Post by admin »

I just demuxed it with DGIndexNV and then used the fabulous eac3to (all hail madshi!) to convert to ac3 with:

eac3to HDV_0598.aac HDV_0598.ac3

Then you can open this script:

vid=dgsource("HDV_0598.dgi").assumefps(50.0)
aud=nicac3source("HDV_0598.ac3")
audiodub(vid,aud)

...in VirtualDub and hit play.

I'm sure there are alternatives to eac3to to be found on google (maybe an aac source filter: https://www.google.com/#q=avisynth+aac+source+filter) but eac3to is ridiculously powerful and should be in the toolbox of any serious multimedia enthusiast. In my humble opinion of course. :wow:

Finally, your issue has provoked me to think: If there is an fps specified at container level, why not use it? I will likely enhance DGDecNV to do this. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
DAE avatar
alexx7777

Re: [RESOLVED] Incorrect definition of number of fps

Post by alexx7777 »

Thanks, I will try. I wish You new creative achievements, success, good luck!!!