[RESOLVED] DGIndexNV strategy for TS errors?

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
subpardaemon

Re: DGIndexNV strategy for TS errors?

Post by subpardaemon »

yup, that makes sense. thanks for the clarification.

following some advice from the doom9 fori, i now do the audio demux with megui's hd streams extractor, as that fills corrupted audio frames with silence, thereby keeping sync. that also means that i have to do the trimming with avs cutter (also in megui), so i delegated these two tasks there instead of dginv, and now i get almost perfect sync. i still do the indexing and avs creation (and if needed, image cropping and deinterlacing) in dginv -- it's still the best for that task, not mentioning a huge performance boost :) , so i just needed to adjust my workflow.

and in case a video frame is dropped by dginv (i guess if dginv encounters a corrupted video frame header, you skip it just like a corrupted audio frame header -- right? but if in-frame data is corrupted (by a signal glitch), as you don't check that (as we've established before) the frame is still kept, if my understanding is correct), it is always much easier to drop a few audio frames using avs cutter and a re-encode of the track, than reencoding the entire video track. :)

anyways, thanks for the clarifications, it seems now my workflow is set up right at last. :)

just one more question: do you log dropped audio/video frames (like position, no. of dropped frames) anywhere?
admin

Re: DGIndexNV strategy for TS errors?

Post by admin »

subpardaemon wrote: i guess if dginv encounters a corrupted video frame header, you skip it just like a corrupted audio frame header -- right?
If the parser vomits due to stream corruption, the frame may or may not be dropped, depending on exactly what is corrupted. It's too complicated to give a simple answer.
just one more question: do you log dropped audio/video frames (like position, no. of dropped frames) anywhere?
I currently do not log parser errors. That is all I can know about, as I do not have the original intact stream to be able to know whether frames have been dropped, all I see is the parser got confused by the stream. Parser errors are shown in the Info dialog of plain-vanilla DGIndex, however. There are better tools for analyzing/correcting stream errors; it is not my intent to provide such functionality.