[RESOLVED] A problem about DGIndexNV 2047

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
jmt247

[RESOLVED] A problem about DGIndexNV 2047

Post by jmt247 »

Hello. Thank you for this useful software and other things.

So, I have this problem with DGIndexNV 2047. DGIndexNV.exe cannot make a project when I run a x264 encoding process at the same time. It just crashes when I try to save the project. The previous versions(~2046) didn't bother me like this.
Clipboard02.png
Also, is there any option to suppress "Encrypted Audio Warning" dialog? Because I have to hit "yes" every time I open a MPEG-2 TS file of my local TV stream(Japanese ISDB) although I use another software to extract the AAC track.
Clipboard01.png
My GPU:
Clipboard03.png
admin

Re: A problem about DGIndexNV 2047

Post by admin »

There is no way currently to disable that warning. Maybe it can be added in a next version.

Regarding the crash, does it happen with all streams and all encode jobs? I really can't see how the changes in 2047 would cause this.
admin

Post by admin »

I had some spare time so I slip-streamed a new option to allow you to disable that warning. Re-download 2047 and update DGIndexNV. Then open it and close it right away. Then edit the last option in the INI file to value 1, as described in the updated manual.

Waiting for more details on your crash...
DAE avatar
jmt247

Post by jmt247 »

Thank you very much for the fast update!

Well, the problem is so random. It would be impossible to reproduce it without a sample, so I have uploaded it. http://www.mediafire.com/download/pcaa9 ... _sample.ts
crash.png
I have also noticed that sometimes DGIndexNV misunderstands it(Japanese TV) for MPEG-1 video and closes itself, but this is not a common error.
crash2.png
It might be that imperfect Nvidia driver(currently using 337.88) causes those problems but I'm not sure.
admin

Post by admin »

DGDecNV does not support MPEG-1 video!

It looks like the warned audio stream really is encrypted (or is corrupt), because if I disable it I get no crashes, but if I enable it I get crashes. Please try again and disable that audio stream per the warning and report the result.
admin

Post by admin »

eac3to also cannot do anything useful with that audio and the demux fails. So it looks like you are shooting yourself in the foot by enabling this stream.
DAE avatar
jmt247

Post by jmt247 »

DGDecNV does not support MPEG-1 video!
I know. Nobody uses it for TV stream, either. Therefore, I think it is an error.
mpeg1.jpg

Code: Select all

ResponseOnAudioMismatch=3
Enable_Audio_Demux=0
Are these options enough to disable audio streams? I have always disabled audio in DGIndexNV for TV. By the way, my local TV is a nightmare for audio handling. You can see 0ch(dual mono), 1ch(news, etc), 2ch(common) and 5.1ch(movies) in the same file. This is the reason why I need this special software to extract the audio track. http://www3.wazoku.net/2sen/dtvup/source/up0551.zip I can provide other TV samples(expect huge files) for your research.
admin

Post by admin »

If you think I am incorrectly detecting MPEG-1 then give me the stream please.

The manual clearly describes the functions of the program. You disable audio streams in the Audio Demux dialog. Or you enable the warning and refuse the stream when you reply to the popup. As I said you shoot yourself in the foot trying to process an invalid audio track.

I'm not going to look at any 3rd-party programs. I support my own tools only. Anyway, you provided no instructions for using it nor did you tell me what the result would be. I don't speak Japanese so the txt files are useless to me.

You have not yet demonstrated any problem with DGDecNV. If you think I am not processing some valid audio track, then you have to prove it. I can't go groping in the dark. Note that both MPC-HC and VLC both see only one audio track in the stream you provided.
DAE avatar
jmt247

Post by jmt247 »

Those tools are for tricky audio streams like this. Some TV programs contain variable channels in the same track like this.
aactool.png
2ch.jpg
6ch.jpg
Regular video players like MPC-HC wouldn't handle those correctly. Thus, I use TVTest instead. This is from World Cup soccer that I recorded a while ago.

I know it would be impossible to see this crash if you don't record Japanese TV on a regular basis like me. Thank you very much for your patience. Please check PM for some private clips.
admin

Post by admin »

Videos of you doing stuff on the PC are useless to me. Screenshots are useless too.

Give me the streams and written instructions to duplicate the problem(s). Without those, I cannot help you. By streams I mean the TS files, like the one you gave me.

If you think the one you gave is good enough, then give me the exact command line to extract the stream that you claim is missed by DGIndexNV. There is no PID 0x110 in the stream you gave me and the stream doesn't contain the screenshots you show.
DAE avatar
jmt247

Post by jmt247 »

Oh, excuse me. I used that ts2aac to extract the audio track from that video.

Code: Select all

ts2aac -i %1 -o audio -B -Z
(-B is for DGIndex compatible B frames count, -Z means no delay)

Also, it is so huge(18.1GB), so I wonder how I can provide it. Do you have any FTP server or something?

Anyway, I think that 30 sec clip is enough to duplicate the crash itself. It just happens for some unknown reason when I try to open the video by drag and drop into DGIndexNV like those clips, then hit F4 to save the project.
admin

Post by admin »

I ran that command on the stream you gave me. It extracted only the stream that DGIndexNV correctly reports. There are no other valid audio tracks in that stream. And I already explained the reason for the crash in that stream you gave me. You didn't listen or you didn't understand what I said. Read it again please.

You have to give me a stream that I can use to recreate the problem. You have to tell me how to recreate the problem.
Otherwise I cannot help you!

You can cut enough of the TS as needed to show the problem. You do not need to give me 18GB. You can cut the TS with DGSplit for example.

Status as I see it so far:

1. Crashing. It crashes because you are enabling a scrambled or corrupted audio stream. If you disable that stream it does not crash.

2. If you think it really is a good audio stream then show me a tool that successfully extracts it. You haven't done this.
DAE avatar
jmt247

Post by jmt247 »

I'm sorry for being dumb. There is no missing audio whatsoever. I just tried to explain why I don't use DGIndexNV to demux audio because it doesn't work for the track with channel conversion(like 2ch -> 1ch) in the middle. This sample(show after news) contains such track. http://www.mediafire.com/download/0ybcp ... sample2.ts

Crash is a different problem to me. Any MPEG-2 TS file that I record is potentially problematic. It got detected as MPEG-1, non 4:2:0 video, contains scrambled audio even though it really is not, etc.
admin

Post by admin »

DGDecNV does not support streams that change number of audio channels or audio types (such as at a commercial). You'll have to cut them before processing, or use some other tool for extraction while disabling audio in DGIndexNV.

If you have other issues not caused by changing audio, then please tell me about them. You say it's a different issue but you give me no stream for that with instructions, even after I asked you several times!
DAE avatar
jmt247

Post by jmt247 »

This is not a hoax. It actually crashes when I try to save the project and those two short ts clips can duplicate the crash, I believe. Nvidia might be the one to blame for this because of CUVID error dialogues. Thank you again for your effort.
420.jpg
admin

Post by admin »

The streams have either scrambled or corrupt audio tracks. If you claim it is not scrambled or corrupted then demonstrate a tool that successfully extracts those tracks. ts2aac using the command line you gave me extracts only the single track validly seen by DGIndexNV for both the streams you gave me. And if these streams change audio parameters then I already told you it is not supported.
DAE avatar
jmt247

Post by jmt247 »

Ah, I think I finally understand what you say. I had forgotten to tell you that Japanese TV stations scramble streams and those TS files are descrambled. Please disregard the scrambled flags. There is no hidden track in those files. 1 video, 1 audio each. DGIndexNV correctly detects every track that matters.

I use ts2aac because it fills the gap after channel changing automatically. Then, I use aactool to replace the unmatched channel by null*ch.aac to get proper the AAC file.

I don't want you to struggle with this kind of tricky audio. I just want to make .dgi project files without the crash.
admin

Post by admin »

Actually you want a way to automatically say Yes with an INI file option, and not No as I implemented. I will revise the change to reverse it.
admin

Post by admin »

OK, re-download 2047 DGIndexNV. Set the new INI option to 1. It should now work as you desire.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and good luck with your projects.
DAE avatar
jmt247

Post by jmt247 »

Oh, you are my hero. I know not many people in the world are kind enough to response like this so quickly.
admin

Post by admin »

Always happy to be of assistance to a fine, patient fellow like you. And the tools you gave me are interesting and may be useful to me.

Please let me know if all the issues have been resolved. I'm not sure if your initial report about crashing when using x264 is still a real issue or was caused by the encrypted stream.

Onward and upward!
DAE avatar
jmt247

Post by jmt247 »

My original problem is usually like this and "Disable_Encrypted_Audio_Warning=1" doesn't fix it, unfortunately.

1. I drag'n'drop ts(TV stream) into DGIndexNV, but it doesn't recognize the video.

2. Then, I hit F2 and open the file manually and it displays the video.

3. It crashes immediately after I hit F4.

This doesn't occur all the time and I am still not sure what exactly causes this problem. I have been using DGIndexNV since 2010 and I hadn't noticed this until the other day. I must ask Nvidia about this because I saw several GPU decoder errors. (MPEG1/non-4:2:0 misdetections, etc.)
DAE avatar
jmt247

Post by jmt247 »

I think I figured it out. Another process doesn't matter after all.

1. Open the video.
2. Hit F4
3. Hit Esc
4. Hit F4 once again and it crashes.

I can now duplicate the crash 100% on my system.
admin

Post by admin »

You hit ESC before the project has finished, or after? It looks like before from the MOV you sent. But the stream you provided is too small and I can't hit ESC before it finishes. I tried on a long stream I have and can't duplicate it.
DAE avatar
jmt247

Post by jmt247 »

I meant to say, without saving the project.

F4 -> "Cancel" -> F4(crashes here) in other words.