[RESOLVED] Asynchronous H.264/AC3 output with erroneous TS recordings when using DGDecNV

Support forum for DGDecNV
admin

Re: Asynchronous H.264/AC3 output with erroneous TS recordings when using DGDecNV

Post by admin »

DGDecNV is what it is. I designed it for DVD and bluray sources. Yes, it can often be used for other use cases, but in such instances as you cite, you may have to resort to 3rd-party SW, such as TS Doctor or VideoRedo, etc., to do the pre-cutting/editing. You could also consider using EAC3TO for the audio demuxing; it may be able to fix these problems IIRC. I have no plans to support dynamic audio/video formats. And I'm happy now just to provide a robust frame-accurate video decoder/server, which happens to do audio demuxing as a bonus. I'm not interested in developing any kind of player application or remuxer, and I am limited by what Avisynth supports. :lol:
DAE avatar
TCmullet

Re: Asynchronous H.264/AC3 output with erroneous TS recordings when using DGDecNV

Post by TCmullet »

TCmullet wrote: Mixed audio formats are here forever. I cannot edit them out with other tools (in some cases). I specifically wanted DGDec for the main purpose of editing out sections (via AVISynth), albeit I was not thinking of audio format changes. Any advice??? Am struggling with a bad "format changing" video program, and anticipate many more to come.
There is an indirect solution, apparently and obviously identified by the makers of capture cards (Hauppauge, in this case). They provide an option to "Disable HDMI AC3 support". Me and a buddy record a lot of programs jointly for a project. He uses the PVR2 (which is USB-based) and I use the Colossus-I PCIe card (but i have PVR2 also). We both now agree that for our purposes, we do not need AC3 audio. So we always "Disable HDMI AC3 support" with the result that we are given a file (M2TS) with an audio stream in AAC THROUGHOUT it. This prevents ALL audio format changes! DGDec doesn't process AAC (though the indexing extracts it nicely), but a free AAC to WAV tool creates the wave file which wavsource() works fine with. Problem solved!

In rare cases, outside of the above implied project, I MAY change it back to NOT disable AC3. But it those cases, I carefully do editing (Avidemux) before any DGDec) to cleanly remove all commercials and their deviant audio format changes.

Thanks again for this very good tool!
admin

Re: [RESOLVED] Asynchronous H.264/AC3 output with erroneous TS recordings when using DGDecNV

Post by admin »

That's very interesting, TCmullet, thanks for sharing that with us. I've always used the audio RCA jacks for my audio input, which gives me AAC throughout as you mentioned, so I never ran into the AC3 format change problem with my Colossus. I wasn't using HDMI due to HDCP problems with the video when trying to record from my cable box.