[RESOLVED] Oiy Vey! Corrupted text files

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Mikeb71

[RESOLVED] Oiy Vey! Corrupted text files

Post by Mikeb71 »

Howdy -

Hopefully you can connect my donation for DGencNV from my account details here on the forum.

I have been infected by some sort of virus which scrambled all of the txt files on my pc and added the nonsensical extension ".lgxojci". Unfortunately I cannot find my username or read any prior licenses.

For example, my file was: license.txt
It's now: license.txt.lgxojci

Here's a paste of the contents (if anyone happens to recognize any possible encodings please let me know so I can try it in Notepad++):

DP8Kv‹Üœ_‡Èª"‘“iqY›’³hÊrJ2,2Çpð¯úÑ[µÙ©‰œP êÏézëçä—Te]Çy¹ÐI$>.ƒòbX'så•Û0#¬ŸŸ…Ë¿D1­œƒ{/H !°1ðîÏfþæIz wŸÉ³ÈöhwÊ»«NT©W©7/%õ,µNx…åÁBbjožC¿cß¾t}ŒÊá°ä”w‚ösët=¡oÓÓ’beû˜œ|þµxW°UÁɧvk«¸E…5ØÝâΗþ¢,,ø£('Þ]kAE»˜D÷…€ëõ8ƒ!EçC|ȯtÉ>z!Dn‹ß:øQqÿÙ]ˆsûœ«7*ÇÎV½Ð5’iSŽŸ¨?óòŽšBa×ûŠå‘出u1ïLK5WìÅÖYnU0K{²ÖOÛmõ

Here's the file where I stored my username:

2€ÊFX”€j0xim@«F4vT˜Ñ¿MFœëî$ÏÍD9鎸ˆü°
ºÇG…öß5¼²?Ÿ×ùº²©JZ)IÔñ+ü}!o#‚Û#Óh‹.- ðÔǺÑ@cËw‹"[-ò“+¾ô{^CwØQND°cýÁ[u'(êÌÙB?ü"ýÖŒ²É¾½ÊçÇG#17™·}ƒM.Ù\<‚(¢åpGÀPkS¿shYÃÒЏÇÐ@Ÿ™&Š9,
¥™!†:'ñ«ß‘V±D¾Ó]¯˜OZÓëÒø3€Ü0g@„¾Àü—ó"51l¹Ï>EÄ´£5¹“ 1ª:PÒÂÏ{ýØ¢•ÇlÈÎþÓ#ÛÛš|OU¾/X-(ÿ¸}ö£ÃÄ™H­!ç|û²dê­†ÉÉ—†mY†Œƒ´\ukˆq†b~uoÖ÷_Õ¾&ÄdM;<¯«IŒ_›¬?ci°œ^_d)ªŸH*§#€“­Ù‘SöbÂiv­c¤cúåíf`R²çZ¨ J¡l²#€°«oÄz’³Rã4u¦ÇÆa¿„s8U5|:ht¨r
‡“÷ÛG)Hü«Bò„]Fk“•7bMíg2€3·Ì˜/.ütI#Á”URäâ’™—mG2 ÙzéFJ÷±½¸^é|d»uëEã1°¯ÀÏâLvðžØün~¡
pþF¹ÐAƒL* CFC]p¯æÆâ–¾Ed40×%?¡D8g[Š®"?2¯^Fc·àqìx_G%vÏ„°tüùåh(ŸŸƒ/m8Àk¹ß
l—NùÈ×Ój_b²á¸¨£e™»!%&*Ü*^%à¨\ÔCÅM¾“zm|×QçWÚͦ4tÇ3zrÿ'çÙàÊV¹”½köþQ‚Ï”aÅÚbÝN²Ìଢ଼ÕD~œ?T?ˆSľfF<ÑÖ—Ÿ±žÈ‘nH8‡^[ÜíKºÇ–X!OŸSì3"¿*þÏúµ¹´œ÷ÖR׫‘‚æ®ösè"«‡/!Å¥åpÂAoß,46[
×£·--˜W•2Yã™;¾áxÇõL±J
–Z–ïFU@›‰%¤¶@ü}pÁ$tìðMõíó£º 8[7 N¸£iÍbôv”yf˜zßÝtañ¢*­Ú=º‚HrÄð@º¼‹ÁÔwòO>¼ªUvPÎ"<>»÷e·ó1’`v#Ç®¡B_JÄ

Through no fault of your software, this is a very frustrating situation in general with an unknown virus scrambling my txts. I've scanned with every anti-virus and anti-malware under the sun since then and hope it has been stopped but cannot say for sure just yet. I wrote a batch file to remove the ".lgxojci" extension but it was little help since the contents are messed up.

Thanks for any help and please let me know if you need more info.

- Mike (maybe under Susan) Blair
admin

Re: Oiy Vey! Corrupted text files

Post by admin »

Hi Mike. I've re-sent your details to your email registered here. Please use the latest version and make a new license using the online generator.

Sorry to hear about your virus snafu. I hope you get it sorted out.
DAE avatar
Mikeb71

Re: Oiy Vey! Corrupted text files

Post by Mikeb71 »

Thanks Don, that worked perfectly.

I added the resolved tag, hope that's ok.
admin

Re: [RESOLVED] Oiy Vey! Corrupted text files

Post by admin »

That's OK, thank you!