[RESOLVED] DGIndexNV in taskbar but not on screen

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
BarryW

[RESOLVED] DGIndexNV in taskbar but not on screen

Post by BarryW »

Just had the problem where DGIndexNV (2048 on Windows XP SP3) starts up and exists on the taskbar but isn't visible on the desktop.
I tried resizing the screen (while running DGIndexNV) thinking that might move it back into the visible area but that didn't work.
I then followed this suggestion on this site:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/ ... ard-trick/
which did the trick and brought DGIndexNV back into the visible screen area.

I haven't re-sized the screen recently or used an external monitor so it's a bit of a mystery. The only thing I've been playing with recently is various Linux distributions under VMWare so I assume that screwed up the host OS somehow causing DGIndexNV to be drawn off-screen. I've also got 64bit Windows 7 working inside a VM under 32bit Windows XP host OS which I didn't think was possible but the host screen size has stayed constant.

As a suggestion it should be easy to over-ride the DGIndexNV Left and Top screen position values at startup and force it into the displayable area like Left=0 and Top=0 or into the centre of the screen or anywhere you like.
admin

Re: DGIndexNV in taskbar but not on screen

Post by admin »

It seems to be a windows bug that occurs rarely for unknown reasons. It has happened to me twice over 5 years. Each time I simply edited the DGIndexNV INI file to fix the wrong window position:

Version=DGIndexNV 2048
Window_Position=475,298
Info_Window_Position=1441,298