[RESOLVED] Out of Sync Deinterlace

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
mail@chago.com.mx

[RESOLVED] Out of Sync Deinterlace

Post by mail@chago.com.mx »

Hi, I'm new in the world of deinterlace clips. I have a DVD (29.97 interlaced) and want to convert to progressive. I tried with the deinterlace=1 option, but the output result is 22:20 min (versus 22:29 min length in source). I tried without deinterlace=1 and setting fieldop=1, the output length is exactly as the same, but I didn't get any deinterlace and I really want to use my gtx 690 :| . Thank you in advance.
admin

Re: Out of Sync Deinterlace

Post by admin »

Deinterlacing can't cause the movie to get shorter. My guess is your estimate of the "true" source length is wrong. Can you in fact identify 9 seconds of missing material?! Also, please post your full avisynth script used to make the encode. Also, your title alludes to an out of sync condition but your post doesn't mention it. If the AV is out of sync, how much is it out of sync and does it get larger as the movie progresses? Finally, what DVD is it and how did you rip it?

BTW, if it is a movie you almost certainly will want to do IVTC and NOT deinterlacing. Do you know about the difference?

If it is only 22 minutes, though, perhaps it is an extra that is interlaced. The more information you give me the more I can help you.
admin

Re: Out of Sync Deinterlace

Post by admin »

Marking RESOLVED as the poster has not followed up.
DAE avatar
mail@chago.com.mx

Re: [RESOLVED] Out of Sync Deinterlace

Sorry for the Hyper-Delayed Reply. I was wrong, the source is not deinterlaced, is Telecined. My bad and worst: the content is hybrid, I'm trying to make a progressive video (CFR) but I can't handle with both fps. I used Telecide/Decimate hybrid=1 option but I couldn't get the 30p segments play clean, only "jumpy", even tried to adjuste threshold but I can't. Is there a tip/solution for this? Thanks in advance.
admin

Post by admin »

Hybrid content is very challenging, as you have discovered. I don't have any magic bullets to solve that problem. Maybe you'll get better help on it at VideoHelp, where people deal with this hybrid stuff on a regular basis. Naturally, people will want to see an unprocessed video sample to confirm your diagnosis.
DAE avatar
Aleron Ives

Post by Aleron Ives »

To my knowledge, you have three options:
  1. Make your video VFR, which will perfectly preserve the animation of all segments at the expense of making your video unplayable on pretty much everything except your PC.
  2. Pick the framerate represented by the majority of the video's content and allow the minority framerate content to be choppy.
  3. Use one of Decomb's hybrid modes to "smooth" the minority framerate content to be slightly less choppy, at the expense of creating new hybrid frames that may or may not improve the video's watchability.
Option 2 is my solution of choice when the majority of the content is 24 FPS, FWIW. I will also note that when the majority of content is 30 FPS, I was able to successfully use Decomb's hybrid mode to create blurred duplicate frames for the 24 FPS content, but I couldn't get the opposite mode to work. If most of the content was 24 FPS, the hybrid mode didn't produce correctly extrapolated frames for the 30 FPS sections, although it's been long enough since I tried that I don't recall exactly what the problem was.
DAE avatar
mail@chago.com.mx

Thank you both for your suggestion. VFR is not an option since I'm trying to compile a DVD collection in BD, so I ust use CFR.

Aleron Ives what happened to you is the issue I have: blurred content. I'll ask at doom9 about it. Thx again.