[RESOLVED] DGDecNV x64 - problem with dgi creation

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
AJR

[RESOLVED] DGDecNV x64 - problem with dgi creation

Post by AJR »

Hello,

I have new laptop for encoding. It has Intel i7-4710HQ and Geforce 850M GTX. I had never before problem with dgi creation on other computers. But now I am desperade. I work mainly with H264 files, elementary h264 stream produced by VideoReDo and sometimes DGDecNV tell me that this file is MPEG1 and refuse create dgi via commandline.

If I open *.h264 via DGDecNV gui everything is ok. I can create dgi without problem everytime. But if I try build dgi via commandline I get usually error message: MPEG1 is not supported . For example from 10 attemps I am able produce dgi only once. Then it work again few dgi files and boom again MPEG1 is not supported. After several tries it create dgi on the file about which it was telling before a while that it is MPEG1. I dont understand how is this possible :/
More strange thing is that 32bit version of DGDecNV works even with cmd line dgi creation

For creation dgi I use such command:

Code: Select all

dgindexnv.exe -i "C:\Users\user\2015-01-04_19-55-02_TV_DSH.h264" -o "C:\_encode\_tmp\2015-01-04_19-55-02_TV_DSH.dgi" -e -h -a
Did you experience similar problem by other users? Do you have any idea how to investigate it more? It not depend on specific file so sending you example is useless.

Operation system is Windows 7 Pro x64. I have tried latest 2048 and 2047 with the same results.

Thank you for your time
Attachments
x64.PNG
admin

Re: DGDecNV x64 - problem with dgi creation

Post by admin »

I'll try to reproduce it. Stand by ...
admin

Post by admin »

I can't reproduce it. Can you please give me a file that causes it?
DAE avatar
AJR

Post by AJR »

Link send via PM. It includes also wrong dgi.

It dont work for any of my files, not just the example. If I try it many times finally it will work. Via GUI of DGDecNV it works everytime.

I get also one more strange error message. If I try later it normally worked: next.png
Isnt it related to any bug in graphics drivers? I have installed latest available for my card: 347.09
Attachments
next.PNG
admin

Post by admin »

Hi, I didn't see your PM yet.

Looks like some kind of parsing problem, strange. I wait for your stream...
DAE avatar
AJR

Post by AJR »

I was probably to tired yesterday and forget to click send the PM :)
Please check your inbox again.
admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the stream.

I cannot reproduce it. I did:

DGIndexNV -i "test.h264" -o "test.dgi" -h -a -e

10 times in a row without issues.

The errors you report are diverse and unexpected, which leads me to suggest some issue on your system, such as your disk subsystem having errors. Have you tried putting it on another disk or running disk and memory checks?
DAE avatar
AJR

Post by AJR »

I was expecting this :) Even If I want I cannot reproduce it everytime.

For example today:

Half a day I was not able build the dgi, I tried it more than 20x, then I made first dgi and start encoding and after this I have no problem till the evening and I made more than 10 dgi in a row.

I have an idea, maybe wrong :) -> It looks like if I try build dgi file via commandline the computer dont activate Cuda graphics and use only CPU graphic. But If I try it via GUI it need to display it so the Cuda graphics is activated and then there is no problem with dgi creation. Commandline creation works only if I already use Cuda graphics for decoding (during x264 encoding). Do you think is this possible?

How should this work if I have both graphics(gpu+cpu) activated? Is there any initial code with should wake up Cuda graphics?

HDD is definatelly ok, and memory test also passed. It is brand new PC which have no other problem.

Thank you for the interest, I understand that it is difficult to tell whats wrong
admin

Post by admin »

But you were getting the MPEG1 error too, right? There is no way CUDA init could cause that, because the stream type is calculated early, way before CUDA gets init'ed. In fact, I need to determine the stream type to properly init CUDA. Please re-run strong memory and disk checks, check GPU temperature, etc. There is no way a deterministic algorithm can have different results on different runs.
DAE avatar
AJR

Post by AJR »

I have tried usb external disk, replace memory and GPU temperature is totaly fine (50-60 degrees during dgi creation ) and result is the same :/
Can you explain why I have no problem with dgi creation via GUI ? Via GUI it works everytime... I think the problem must be in CUDA device initialization. What is the different between GUI and cmdline dgi creation?
admin

Post by admin »

Can you address my answer before going to new areas? Specifically, I refer to my observation that misdetection as MPEG-1 comes way before any CUDA init.
DAE avatar
AJR

Post by AJR »

Then I am stucked.

HDD check even with surface scan was without errors, also I have tried other external hdd which I use on other comupter without problem, memtest of memory also passed and GPU temperaturu is low.
I guessed I dont find anything wrong on PC. It is only one moth old machine and everything works fine except dgi creation via commandline.

Ok, I will wait, maybe it will fix itself later :)
admin

Post by admin »

I'll double-check code and stuff. I don't want you to be stuck with this.
DAE avatar
Aleron Ives

Post by Aleron Ives »

It's a long shot, but have you tried downgrading your video driver? It's become rather common for nVidia to introduce new bugs in their drivers and then not fix them. Your GTX 850M uses the same GM107 Maxwell architecture as the GTX 750/Ti, and I've read reports that Maxwell drivers have been a bit buggy so far. I'm using a GTX 760, and I'm still stuck using drivers from 2013, because nVidia refuses to fix the OpenCL bug they introduced which cripples performance on GK104 cards such as mine.

The fact that you can use the 32-bit version without problems makes me think that nVidia's driver might be to blame somehow.
DAE avatar
AJR

Post by AJR »

I have found some workaround. Not ideal, but working.
So the solution is execute gui of DGDecNV before dgi creation via commandline.

So in my point of view the problem is somewhere in initialization Cuda device if using cmdline dgindex. DGIndex from cmdline is not able on my machine wake up the Cuda graphics everytime. If I go by way above it works everytime.

Maybe It will help also diasable iGPU and use only Cuda graphics. Unfortunatelly I dont have such option in BIOS.
admin

Post by admin »

That information points me to possibilities. Thanks. Investigating...
DAE avatar
AJR

Post by AJR »

Any progress?
admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, no, I've been very busy with my latest physics paper.
DAE avatar
AJR

Post by AJR »

ok, no problem, take your time. I can live with that :)
admin

Post by admin »

This is fixed in the latest slipstream of DGIndexNV. Re-download 2049 and update DGIndexNV.