[RESOLVED] "CuvidDecodePicture: 1" warnings

Support forum for DGDecNV
Underground78

[RESOLVED] "CuvidDecodePicture: 1" warnings

Post by Underground78 »

Hello,

I get some "CuvidDecodePicture: 1" warnings when seeking in DGIndexNV with some VOB files loaded (from R2 DVD "X-Files: I Want to Believe"), can I just ignore them safely as there are just warnings or do I need to provide you a sample so that you can check ?

Thanks in advance ! :)
Underground78
admin

Re: "CuvidDecodePicture: 1" warnings

Post by admin »

Yes, please provide a sample that I can use to duplicate the issue. Also provide your system details, including video card and driver version.
Underground78

Post by Underground78 »

neuron2 wrote:Yes, please provide a sample that I can use to duplicate the issue. Also provide your system details, including video card and driver version.
It looks like it will be difficult, I can't reproduce when loading only one VOB ... Even when loading all VOBs it doesn't seem to always happen. :?

Code: Select all

[Affichage]
Processeur :		Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     P7350  @ 2.00GHz (1995 MHz)
Système d'exploitation :	Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit
Version de DirectX :	11.0 
Processeur graphique :		GeForce 9200M GS
Version du pilote :	258.96
Noyaux CUDA*:		8 
Horloge principale :	529 MHz 
Horloge de Shader :	1300 MHz
Horloge de mémoire :	410 MHz (820 MHz débit) 
Interface de mémoire :	64 bits 
Mémoire graphique disponible totale :	1533 Mo
Mémoire vidéo dédiée :	256 Mo de DDR2
Mémoire vidéo du système :	0 Mo
Mémoire du système partagée :	1277 Mo
Version BIOS vidéo :	62.98.3C.00.15
IRQ :			16
Bus :			PCI Express x16
admin

Post by admin »

OK, then can you provide a screenshot of the error popup? I ask because the string you gave does not exactly match what I generate, so I want to be sure to know the exact error when I ask Nvidia about it.
Underground78

Post by Underground78 »

neuron2 wrote:OK, then can you provide a screenshot of the error popup? I ask because the string you gave does not exactly match what I generate, so I want to be sure to know the exact error when I ask Nvidia about it.
Here it is : deleted
admin

Post by admin »

Thanks. Wow, I didn't even know I generated that error message! Investigating...
Underground78

Post by Underground78 »

neuron2 wrote:Thanks. Wow, I didn't even know I generated that error message! Investigating...

Thank you !

PS: Is it possible to have an email notification when a new answer is posted with phpBB 3 ?
admin

Post by admin »

I've enabled subscriptions. See bottom left "Subscribe topic". Hope it works!
Underground78

Post by Underground78 »

neuron2 wrote:Thanks. Wow, I didn't even know I generated that error message! Investigating...
Did you discover something interesting about this ? I think I will encode the movie this weekend and see if it really matters.
neuron2 wrote:I've enabled subscriptions. See bottom left "Subscribe topic". Hope it works!
Yes it seems to work, thanks a lot ! ;)
Underground78

Post by Underground78 »

Finally I encoded the movie last week-end and I did not see anything wrong in the resulting file.
admin

Post by admin »

I assume you didn't get the error when serving through your script but only in DGIndexNV, is that correct?

I've just emailed my Nvidia contact about it this morning. Hopefully I'll have a better understanding of it when he replies.
Underground78

Post by Underground78 »

neuron2 wrote:I assume you didn't get the error when serving through your script but only in DGIndexNV, is that correct?
Yes it is. Thanks for investigating.
admin

Post by admin »

May I ask for more details on the occurrence of the error?

With the one VOB that you were able to make it happen with, does it ever happen if you simply preview from start to finish? Or does it happen only when you navigate on the timeline? If the latter is true, then a) does it seem to happen only at one or more repeatable specific places, and b) does it happen when GOP stepping or only when dragging the cursor on the timeline?

My working hypothesis is that something in the sequence header changes in the stream. If there is a consistent location for the error, then you will be able to cut out that portion of the VOB and give it to me.

Thank you.
Underground78

Post by Underground78 »

neuron2 wrote:With the one VOB that you were able to make it happen with, does it ever happen if you simply preview from start to finish?
No.
neuron2 wrote:Or does it happen only when you navigate on the timeline?
Yes.
neuron2 wrote:If the latter is true, then a) does it seem to happen only at one or more repeatable specific places
I would say no but I am not totally sure about that.
neuron2 wrote:b) does it happen when GOP stepping or only when dragging the cursor on the timeline?
Only when dragging the cursor.
admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for your answers. If possible, can you perform one last experiment? I have an idea that the problem is caused by my stream alignment algorithm for random access in program streams (VOB is a program stream).

Can you please demux the M2V (elementary stream) from the VOB, open that in DGIndexNV and tell me if you see the problem? My hope is that you will not see this issue with the demuxed video.
Underground78

Post by Underground78 »

neuron2 wrote:Thank you for your answers. If possible, can you perform one last experiment? I have an idea that the problem is caused by my stream alignment algorithm for random access in program streams (VOB is a program stream).

Can you please demux the M2V (elementary stream) from the VOB, open that in DGIndexNV and tell me if you see the problem? My hope is that you will not see this issue with the demuxed video.
It looks like your guess was correct, the M2V seems to work correctly.
admin

Post by admin »

That's great because now I know how to fix it. It's actually harmless but the error popup is an irritant that can be fixed.

Thank you for your willingness to perform the debugging steps that were needed.
Underground78

Post by Underground78 »

neuron2 wrote:That's great because now I know how to fix it. It's actually harmless but the error popup is an irritant that can be fixed.

Thank you for your willingness to perform the debugging steps that were needed.
You are welcome. Thanks for investigating ! :)