[RESOLVED] DGIndexNV & FPS detection

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Zathor

[RESOLVED] DGIndexNV & FPS detection

Post by Zathor »

Recently a user of MeGUI came accross some source files (MKV) where the detection of the frame rate was not successful with DGIndexNV (and IM).
The source has a frame rate of 23.976 and is detected in the dgi file with strange values (e.g. FPS 25000000 / 1000000 or FPS 195313 / 7813 - depending on the cut and/or file).
In MeGUI other indexers (FFMS2, L-SMASH) work fine with these files but for those indexers the frame rate is enforced as I never had the need to do that with DGIndex*.

MediaInfo detects this source with

Code: Select all

Frame rate mode                          : CFR
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976
Frame rate                               : 23.976 fps
Original frame rate                      : 25.000
Original frame rate                      : 25.000 fps
I will provide you a link to such a file.
admin

Re: DGIndexNV & FPS detection

Post by admin »

With an MKV file there is a container FPS and a video elementary stream FPS. It seems that people sometimes change the container FPS when muxing, so that the two no longer match. Also, it is possible that there is no FPS specified at the video ES level. It seems reasonable then to report the container level FPS for MKV files and I have implemented that locally for the next slipstream. I could do it for MP4 also but I won't do it unless someone sends a file from the wild with the mismatch that I can use for testing.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Re: DGIndexNV & FPS detection

Post by Guest 2 »

admin wrote:With an MKV file there is a container FPS and a video elementary stream FPS. It seems that people sometimes change the container FPS when muxing, so that the two no longer match. Also, it is possible that there is no FPS specified at the video ES level. It seems reasonable then to report the container level FPS for MKV files and I have implemented that locally for the next slipstream. I could do it for MP4 also but I won't do it unless someone sends a file from the wild with the mismatch that I can use for testing.
Correct.

Usually it's for remuxed mkv from original language bluray (23.976 or 24) and local language dvd (sometimes different, even 25).