[RESOLVED] Bug Report: Enable Info Log

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
frl

[RESOLVED] Bug Report: Enable Info Log

Post by frl »

Hi,

Long time user of DGIndexNV here, thanks for a great tool.

Relatively minor bug report - I just upgraded from build 2048 to 2050, and one of my scripts that depends on parsing the output file generated by the "Enable Info Log" setting (inputfile.log) started failing. Having looked into it, the log file is no longer created in 2050, even with the ini flag set correctly. Setting the ini flag does toggle the menu option for the setting, and it's still mentioned in the docs so I assume this is a bug rather than a deliberate feature removal? I checked both 32 and 64 bit binaries, both have the same issue.

Not exactly a showstopper issue but it'd be great to get the info log back in the next version if possible.

Cheers,
Chris
admin

Re: Bug Report: Enable Info Log

Post by admin »

Things are working fine for me and no code related to that was touched. The log is not generated until you exit, of course.

If things are not working please give me an exact step-by-step description of what you do.
DAE avatar
frl

Post by frl »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Interesting, okay I've done some more tests.

My script calls DGIndexNV as shown below - using this command line does not produce a log file for me on exit. However, if I open DGIndexNV manually, open the same source file, process it then exit the app, the log file is produced correctly.

I've also tried running DGIndexNV outside of my script from the command line using the same options - when I do this I get the same behaviour: 2048 produces a log file on exit, 2050 does not. Note I've only tested the x64 build in this way.

Could it be something to do with the behaviour when the "-e" option is passed from the cli?

Code: Select all

REM Now try and index...
%indexer% -i %ripfolder%\%label%_video.%videotype% -o .\scratch\videoindex.dgi -e
TYPE %ripfolder%\%label%_video.log | FIND /I "Frame Rate:" > .\scratch\%label%_framerate.txt
Note if I change the %indexer% variable to point at a 2048 build, the log is output on completion of the index job, but if I point it at at 2050 build, no log file is created on exit.

Cheers,
Chris
admin

Post by admin »

:bug:
Ah, only for CLI. I'll fix it and post again when I have slipstreamed it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
admin

Post by admin »

I've slipstreamed a fix for you to test, frl.

Please note that the 4 cubin files are now combined into one fat binary (which includes PTX for some degree of future-proofing), so please delete the existing cubins and use the new one. Also, the new GPU detection code is included, so copy the file gpus.txt to the same directory as DGIndexNV.exe. All known nVidia GPUs should be correctly identified. If you need to know the VP engine, take the GPU core given by DGIndexNV and look it up here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Pu ... _SIP_block
DAE avatar
frl

Post by frl »

Well I wasn't expecting an instant fix - thanks!

Happy to report that the new version works perfectly again, thanks again for the quick fix :)

Cheers,
Chris
admin

Post by admin »

Oops, please re-download. My HEVC code broke some stuff, so I removed it for now.
DAE avatar
frl

Post by frl »

Done - thanks again!