[RESOLVED] Dgdecnv stopped working

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
SebSonic

[RESOLVED] Dgdecnv stopped working

Post by SebSonic »

Hiho,

I have Problems with DGDecNV, yesterday it stopped working. When i tried process a File i always get the error Message
FAILED to create video decoder [2]
First i thought it was a Problem with MeGui, so i tried to open the File in the DGDecNV Gui, same error Message. I updated to Version 2051, no change. I deinstalled my Graphic Card Driver and did a clean reinstallation but nothing changed. Any Idea? Gforce GTX 570 with latest drivers, Windows 10 x64
admin

Re: Dgdecnv stopped working

Post by admin »

CUVID is saying there is not enough memory on the card for the requested operation.

What are the details of your stream and how much memory is there on the card?

Is it happening in DGIndexNV or DGDecodeNV? If the latter, what is your script?

Please also try a full power-off reset of your system. I have seen things like this in the past with the 520, another low-end card.
DAE avatar
SebSonic

Post by SebSonic »

i tried it with two AVC Streams. It happens in DGIndexNV. My Graphic Card has 1280 MB memory. I am using this Card for Years and with DGDecNV since July 2015 when i made my donation. Last time i used DGIndexNV was December last year and it worked fine. I will try to disconnect my system from the power supply for an hour and see what happens then.
admin

Post by admin »

30 seconds is enough.

Software does not just stop working. You may have some stuck app that is holding memory on the card or something like that. You can use GPU-Z sensors tab to see the memory usage. Make sure no other apps are running that consume graphics card memory.

Also, what are the details of the AVC streams? Resolution, etc.?

Finally, if it is just a few AVC files and not all of them, then please give me a sample so I can look at it.
DAE avatar
SebSonic

Post by SebSonic »

So, did not work. Still getting this error message.

The streams are the video stream of Blu Ray Disc's. i convert all my Blu Ray's to MKV and store them on my HTPC so i don't have to use the Disc when i want to watch a movie. Here is what MediaInfo is saying:

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Muxing mode : Container profile=@0.0
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 1h 42mn
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 27.4 Mbps
Maximum bit rate : 34.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.551
Stream size : 19.6 GiB (98%)
Default : No
Forced : No
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

GPU-Z says that less than 220MB of Memory are used when i start DGIndexNV
admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for your test results.

So they are MKV files?

Can you demux the video and try to open the raw stream? What did you use to make the MKV? Does the MKV play correctly in MPC-HC?

Open DGIndexNV and then do Options/List GPU devices. Does your card show up?

Latest nVidia drivers are making some compromises for the older cards. You can try falling back to the driver version you had when things were working.
DAE avatar
SebSonic

Post by SebSonic »

I demux the stream with eac3to through the eac3to Gui integrated in Megui. By default the Video Stream is demuxed as MKV, but i also tried to extract the raw Stream and use it instead the mkv, but did not work either, same Error. My card is shown in the GPU device List. I try the last driver version and report.
admin

Post by admin »

SebSonic wrote:I try the last driver version and report.
You may have to go back further than one version. Try to get the one you had when you knew things worked.

You did not answer if the files play correctly in MPC-HC.

Is it possible for you to give me a sample stream to test? You can cut the raw video (not the MKV) with DGSplit and give me about 50MB. Make sure things fail with the sample before uploading it.

Also, you can try with another CUVID-enabled app such as LAV filters to see if this is limited to DGDecNV.
DAE avatar
SebSonic

Post by SebSonic »

Sry, yes MKV are played correctly with MPC-HC but the problem is solved. The latest drivers are to blame. One driver version back ( which is also the last version which worked) and everything is fine and working. Damn automatic driver update. Never change a running System :-)

Thanks für your help and advice :idea:
admin

Post by admin »

Sweet. Glad to hear that things are working for you again. nVidia drivers are going through some growing pains as the new architectures, both SW and HW are being rolled out.

You may want to start thinking about a card upgrade if you have the budget for it.