[RESOLVED] New motherboard - display freezes

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
groq

[RESOLVED] New motherboard - display freezes

Post by groq »

Hi!

Due to a hardware failure I had to install a new motherboard to my computer. Now my display freezes a few seconds after I load a video file into DGIndexNV (tested with several mp4 files with version 2050 and 2051). It doesn't matter if I load the file directly into DGIndexNV or via megui (without preview window).The HDD light still flashes from time to time, so maybe only the display is affected - do you have any ideas how to debug this?

Thanks
admin

Re: New motherboard - display freezes

Post by admin »

Let's start this way:

First, what is your nVidia card type and what is your driver version?

Second, try some other files besides MP4 files.

Third, do things hang only in DGIndexNV or also in other players enabled for CUVID decode (e.g., LAV filters)?
DAE avatar
groq

Post by groq »

Ok, it's a Geforce Titan Z, driver version 361.43

I tried a classical test video with the same results:
-> http://www.sample-videos.com/video/mp4/ ... 0p_5mb.mp4

Until now I saw this display freeze only in DGIndexNV - which other programs do CUVID decodes? I never used LAV filters before - I can try those later...
admin

Post by admin »

Please get the latest version of 2051 from my downloads area. Delete your INI file. Start DGIndexNV and open your file. Then hit F5. You say the video plays a few frames and then stops?

Everything is working fine for me here with your sample.

Try MPC-HC with H/W acceleration enabled. I believe it comes with LAV filters included.

Another thing to try is to revert to earlier nVidia drivers. Try to use the same one you had when things were working.
DAE avatar
groq

Post by groq »

Hi!

You were absolutely right. When I switched the video decoder in MPC-HC to CUVID, the same freeze happened as in DGIndexNV. Since it worked before, it had to be a driver related problem. I installed the older 359.06 and everything works fine as before.
Thanks for your helpful support!

Felix
admin

Post by admin »

Glad to be of assistance, Felix, and thanks for your interest in my tools.

nVidia drivers are going through a bit of a rough patch right now as new HW and SW architectures are being rolled out. I've noticed some compromises they are making for some older cards. Hopefully, things will stabilize at some point.