[RESOLVED] Video Engine stability test needed

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Guest 2

[RESOLVED] Video Engine stability test needed

Post by Guest 2 »

admin, from my latest video card upgrade I get constant PC lockups when encoding with MEGui and DGNV frame serving.

As I did some other minor driver upgrades I can't remember, the major only one was the Nvidia 460 card I installed.

I tried every stability test I have, i.e. 8 core Prime95+FurMark, and the PC is perfectly stable.. but none of them stresses video engine..

Could you provide something to crunch it madly?
DAE avatar
Didée

Re: Video Engine stability test needed

Post by Didée »

Tiny details that might be of interest:

- did you crosscheck that the error does not occur when using another soure filter

If it's really specific to DGDecodeNV, (and also if not), then ...

- the script as a whole
- kind of source video
- Avisynth version: 32 or 64 bit, MT version or official, ...
- is multithreading somehow involved
- are there other GPU filters in the chain
admin

Post by admin »

Also state your video driver version.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

neuron2 wrote:Also state your video driver version.
Ok, false alarm or, better, not a video card problem. I checked video load engine with GPU-Z and multiple sessions of DGNV benchmark and everything is ok even after an hour of 100%.

P.S: For the curious geek: sometimes hardware reminds me astrology. After some single software/hardware tests, I found the fault was of the newer Intel Option ROM for RAID, i.e. 10.0.0–1046 that I embedded in my motherboard bios. Turning to 9.x fixed everything. Luckily enough, the inject was made the morning, the problem started in the evening when electricity bill is lower and I started encoding. I can't imagine the nightmare if some days would have passed and I could not remember what I changed. Somehow testing separate hw components did not find the problem, the combination of HDD, video and CPU somehow (can't imagine how) went thru a Intel bug.