[RESOLVED] How to install DGdecNV for BD-Rebuilder?

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
statica

[RESOLVED] How to install DGdecNV for BD-Rebuilder?

Post by statica »

I would like to know how to install DGDecNV for use with BD-Rebuilder.

I have extracted the binaries to my BD-Rebuilder directory.
Then I have chosen DGencNV as frameserver in BD-Rebuilder.
I then changed config ini file in BD-Rebuilder to enable DGEncNV.

Is there something I am missing or is this procedure correct?

When I use BD-Rebuilder it says that DGencDV is frameserver and says its 4-way, so is this the correct way to install it?
admin

Re: How to install DGdecNV for BD-Rebuilder?

Post by admin »

Greetings, statica. Are you trying to encode with DGDecNV? It's hard for me to understand you because you refer to "DGEncNV" several times and I have never heard of anything like that. I also don't have any idea what "4-way" means.

In any case, for questions about BDRebuilder, you would be better off posting at that other website where jdobbs hangs out.
DAE avatar
statica

Post by statica »

admin wrote:Greetings, statica. Are you trying to encode with DGDecNV? It's hard for me to understand you because you refer to "DGEncNV" several times and I have never heard of anything like that. I also don't have any idea what "4-way" means.

In any case, for questions about BDRebuilder, you would be better off posting at that other website where jdobbs hangs out.

This image is from BD-Rebuilder settings and show what it uses DGDecNV (sorry for calling it DGEncNV) for frame serving in the encoding process which should speed up encoding speed as it has CUDA support which gives more encoding power to the process. With 4-way I mean that when encoding the log shows DGDecNV as frame server and it is stated as DGDecNV 4-way but think it just means it is running 4 processes as I have enabled multi core processing.

Thank you for your answer and I will also try the BD-Rebuilder forum.
admin

Post by admin »

You haven't even said if it is working or not! If it is not working, what error do you encounter?
DAE avatar
AJR

Post by AJR »

Hello.

Big mistake is think that using DGDecNV with CUDA makes your encodings much faster. DGDecNV is just decoder. In you process decoding part needs only small amount of computer power, rest of the power (almost all) is needed for x264 encoding via CPU. There was some attempts to make x264 working with CUDA but I have never see usable version :)