[RESOLVED] Encrypted Audio Warning

Support forum for DGDecNV
Selur

[RESOLVED] Encrypted Audio Warning

Post by Selur »

a. using the updated version from today I got:
Encrypted Audio Warning
---------------------------
This audio stream (PID XXX) is marked as encrypted. If it is really encrypted then trying
to use it may cause serious parsing problems and possible failure to detect video, etc.
If it is not really encrypted it may be usable.

Hit Yes to disable this audio stream. Hit No to try to use this stream.
---------------------------
for both audio streams.
Streams aren't encrypted.
uploaded the file (_aaa_mpeg2-mp2-mp2_480x576.ts) to my google drive

b. would be nice if you could add a command line option to ignore the audio streams (I only need the video and I would like to avoid the indexing to be stuck because of some audio problem)

Cu Selur
admin

Re: Encrypted Audio Warning

Post by admin »

a. Set Disable_Encrypted_Audio_Warning=1 in your INI file to disable the warning.

Let me explain further. What is actually detected is that there is conditional access (CA) enabled for the stream. This may or may not mean the stream is encrypted. As the transport spec leaves CA to be privately defined, I cannot code for possible CA algorithms to determine if the stream really is encrypted. I therefore err on the side of caution and warn the user.

b. Setting the INI file option as above and omitting -a on your command line should be enough to ensure you do not get blocked by audio issues. Therefore I mark this thread resolved. Please post again if you run into any further issue.