[CLOSED] Survey: Who still needs Avisynth 2.58 support in DGDecodeNV?

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
DynamicSounds

Re: Survey: Who still needs Avisynth 2.58 support in DGDecodeNV?

Post by DynamicSounds »

I'm pretty sure the decision to drop AVS 2.5 has already been made but I just want to give my 2 cents. Drop it!! :D

Hi Don, I don't visit here often but just want to say thanks for your continued support. DGDecodeNV and DGMPGDec are simply the most reliable source filters for AviSynth! Bar none.

- Reel.Deal
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

After lot of testing and bug reports, I jumped to AVS+.

Anyhow... I used 2.6 since a long time :)

No 2.58 needed for me.

Will test release candidate ASAP.
admin

Post by admin »

DynamicSounds wrote:I'm pretty sure the decision to drop AVS 2.5 has already been made but I just want to give my 2 cents. Drop it!! :D
Real.Deal, it's a Done.Deal. :lol:
Hi Don, I don't visit here often but just want to say thanks for your continued support. DGDecodeNV and DGMPGDec are simply the most reliable source filters for AviSynth! Bar none.
Thanks, I appreciate that so much.
admin

Post by admin »

Guest 2 wrote: Will test release candidate ASAP.
Thanks, Guest 2, looking forward to your results. The main thing is to get the 64-bit DLL tested under VapourSynth.
MeteorRain

Post by MeteorRain »

Having been using avs plus for long and I'm happy with that stability. Good to see you dropping the old APIs.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

admin wrote:
Guest 2 wrote: Will test release candidate ASAP.
Thanks, Guest 2, looking forward to your results. The main thing is to get the 64-bit DLL tested under VapourSynth.
Tested latest and previous version with Divergent 3 — Allegiant. Not a great movie but it was the only BD I had at home :D

Result is excellent, as always. No artifacts, no visual differences.

The funny thing about same encoding of same movie with same script is that they always have different sizes. :lol:

For us who keep on using AVS(+), what is the main difference in using a 2.6 plugin instead of a 2.58 one?
DAE avatar
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

hydra3333 wrote: Any pointers to a reliable 2.6 avisynth version with MT would be appreciated.
First, remove/uninstall your actual avisynth.

Get this installer here https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlu ... -r1576.exe
Run/Install it.

Get the last version, 2085 here https://cloud.pados.hu/index.php/s/0e0d ... 11731699b6.
If you are using a 32 bit Windows version :
Copy the avisynth.dll from /i386 directory in your Windows/System32 directory.
Copy the DevIl.dll from /i386/system directory in your Windows/System32 directory.
Copy all the dll from the /i386/plugins directory in the Programmes/Avisynth+/plugins+ directory.
Copy all your actual x86 plugins in the Programmes/Avisynth+/plugins directory.

If you are using a 64 bit Windows version :
Copy the avisynth.dll from /i386 directory in your Windows/SysWOW64 directory.
Copy the DevIl.dll from /i386/system directory in your Windows/SysWOW64 directory.
Copy all the dll from the /i386/plugins directory in the Program Files (x86)/Avisynth+/plugins+ directory.
Copy all your actual x86 plugins in the Program Files (x86)/Avisynth+/plugins directory.
Copy the avisynth.dll from /x64 directory in your Windows/System32 directory.
Copy the DevIl.dll from /x64/system directory in your Windows/System32 directory.
Copy all the dll from the /x64/plugins directory in the Program Files (x86)/Avisynth+/plugins64+ directory.
Copy all your actual x64 plugins in the Program Files (x86)/Avisynth+/plugins64 directory.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

jpsdr wrote:Get this installer here https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlu ... -r1576.exe
Run/Install it.
There is a r2022 installer here https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrh84z02sm2hp ... 22.7z?dl=0.

If you need VC runtimes, get them from here http://repacks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=125.
admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, guys, for your help in documenting things for people.

Guest 2 wrote:

"For us who keep on using AVS(+), what is the main difference in using a 2.6 plugin instead of a 2.58 one?"

As a source plugin that delivers only YV12, not much. The only thing I am aware of is that VapourSynth can load Avisynth 32-bit 2.5 plugins, whereas it cannot load 64-bit ones. So those needing a full 64-bit workflow for VapourSynth can now use DGDecNV.
DJATOM

Post by DJATOM »

I'm using Avs+ x64, my filtering chain works faster with it.
PC: RTX 2070 | Ryzen R9 5950X (no OC) | 64 GB RAM
Notebook: RTX 4060 | Ryzen R9 7945HX | 32 GB RAM
DAE avatar
Aleron Ives

Post by Aleron Ives »

Out of curiosity, why do people want a 64-bit processing chain? The only benefit I can think of is that you would need > 4 GiB of memory to encode UHD videos, but is there some other reason? I'm not aware of x64 providing any extra speed for this kind of application. If Avs+ is generally faster than vanilla AviSynth, it's too bad that the official branch has lagged behind all the offshoots, as it would be nice to have a single branch with all of the speed and features grouped together.
DAE avatar
Aleron Ives

Post by Aleron Ives »

Thanks, I didn't know that there was a speed difference between x86 and x64 x264, as I haven't followed its development very closely. I guess I won't be able to switch unless Don feels like making an x64 version of Decomb some day, as that's one of my most-used plugins. :D
admin

Post by admin »

Wow, how lucky we are to have all you clever people contributing your knowledge and wisdom. I love you guys. :bravo: