[RESOLVED] Some interference on the output

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Matyas Bogardi

[RESOLVED] Some interference on the output

Post by Matyas Bogardi »

I have just checked the output of one of my recent encodes and realised there is some short 4-5 second long "color-interference" at the end of the encode. The other part of the encode was excellent. Kodi and media player classic were used as the player. Both of them showed exactly the same "color-interference" exactly at the same positions of the encode. The input (BD-50) does not have any interference at these time positions. This color interference only affects the frames partially and it lasts until about 4-5 seconds. The interference includes only 4-5 shades of colors: blue, green, grey, white, and red.The "interference" which is probably embedded in the encode is coming abrubtly and disappears the same way.

Do you have any idea? I haven't met such an issue with any of my encodes so far and no clue what could cause this.

I have used DGDecNV as the decoder with my Nvidia GTX 970 video card with the most recent official driver installed. So far, I have had no any such problem with the output.
Can the screensaver, Nvidia driver cause such interferences in an encode? Currently, I am making the same encode on my other PC having a Quadro 4200K.

I would really appreciate your help.
admin

Re: Some interference on the output

Post by admin »

Sorry, but I can't help you with encoding. DGDecNV is only a decoder. If you can show an issue using DGDecodeNV on its own in a script I would be happy to look at it. You can try Videohelp for help with filtering and encoding.
DAE avatar
Matyas Bogardi

Post by Matyas Bogardi »

Thank you for the reply. I do not think the problem is with encoding (x264) but with frame-serving x264 using DGDecNV.
I just thought one has already experienced similar results and can help to find out what could cause such unproper frame serving using DGDecNV.
I just want to avoid such problems in the future and not to waste 10 hours of encoding time one after the other. :cry:
admin

Post by admin »

Nobody has ever reported any problem like that but as I said if you can demonstrate an issue with the decoding then I will look at it.

Make a basic script like this:

DGSource("file.dgi")

Open it in VirtualDub and play it and/or scroll around on the timeline. Do you see any problem?

Also please give me your full script and x264 command line. Also a screenshot of one of the bad frames.
DAE avatar
Matyas Bogardi

Post by Matyas Bogardi »

Ok, I will give you the required infos asap.
First of all, I am encoding the same video using the same version of DGDecNV and my Quadro K4200 to see if I can repeat the issue using my other PC.
admin

Post by admin »

Fine, but it would be quicker to start with minimal theoretical assumptions. Please keep me informed. Your wish is my command.
admin

Post by admin »

Marking resolved as OP has vanished.