[RESOLVED] Problem with audio delay calculation.

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Ruklaw

[RESOLVED] Problem with audio delay calculation.

Post by Ruklaw »

Hi There
Got a problem with the audio delay calculation in this TS, captured from BBC HD a few days ago:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13122649/test.7z (ts stream 7zipped, 57mb approx).

The delay that DGIndexNV calculates is way off. It's sort of understandable, as 1.3 seconds into the opening credits, the audio stream (according to TSDoctor) changes from AC3 5 channel 384kbit to AC3 2 channel 192kbit.

The thing is though, if I index with DGAVCIndex, although I get blocking due to the poor H264 decoder, the audio is in sync! (And I don't have to trim the start of the opening credits, which is what TSDoctor wants to do).

So far, I've worked around by visually working out the frame offset between DGDecNV and DGAVCIndex, and adding that to the DGAVCIndex calculated delay as necessary (Eg, in this test sample, DGDecNV has 3 more frames at the start- add 3*40ms=120ms to the audio delay from dgavcindex).

Any chance you could have a quick look at what's causing the wrong delay calculations, and possibly give us a fix? :D

Many thanks
admin

Re: Problem with audio delay calculation.

Post by admin »

Something does seem to be amiss. Investigating...
admin

Re: Problem with audio delay calculation.

Post by admin »

I've repaired what I could here. There is a mix of audio types at the start. You have to start your project in far enough to get beyond that. After doing that, the delay seems fine to me in build 2037.