[RESOLVED] "No video sequence header found"

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
TCmullet

Re: [RESOLVED] "No video sequence header found"

Post by TCmullet »

admin wrote:Yes, you need new keys for each machine and you can put them all in one file as before.

Your license count maximum is now 16 and has been reset to zero.
Somehow, you are mistaken. I just now ran the generator for the first "new" time. It came back with:

"Found user [deleted] with 5 existing license IDs.
Thank you, your new license number for machine ID 400AB6DF is:"
(followed by the new string)

I'm not worried about running out yet, but you did say it had been reset to zero. Now I have 5 bad ones and 1 good one. Can you erase the 5 bad ones? Let me know if you want to clear out all 6 and have me start over. I was looking forward to it saying to me "...with 0 existing license IDs".
DAE avatar
TCmullet

Post by TCmullet »

Okay, now things are gummed up worse, but probably not fatally so. My immeditely prior message was predicated ib that I'm running v2049. (I think it's the latest of more than one 2049 version.)

After licensing, I ran a test against my first recent video. It was a timing test. After logging the duration, I proceeded with my plan to step by step upgrade to each new version and time it. I vaguely remember something about a speedup. I wanted to find it empirically, hence my plan to do a run with my existing 2049, then put in 2050, then 2051, and finally the current 2052.

However, after copying in 2050, now my one new license is invalid! (But the system thinks it's my 6th one, as per my immediately prior post.)

I'm at a point where I must proceed, and as I'm hopefully WAY below the 16 limit, this should not harm me. I'm going to issue a 2nd (or 7th) license to myself now.
admin

Post by admin »

I assumed since you hadn't used the tool for a long time that you had not used it since I reset everyone to 0. But apparently you have used 5 licenses after that time. Look, the existing threads describe all of this very well. As I have said many times, I will reset anyone back to 0 if they run out (and they are not re-selling my licenses). So don't worry about it!

There is no need to laboriously go through the versions. Just update directly to the latest version. It is highly stable, has lots of new functionality (including the indexing speedup), and lots of bug fixes. Just download the latest version, test it, and if is OK for you, you're done. If not, tell me what the problem is and I will address it straight away. But I don't anticipate you having any issues. There's no need to look for changes empirically as it is all documented in the Changes.txt file.

Finally, you published your user ID for the world to see. I have deleted it but it may be too late, so if you suddenly find all 16 licenses exhausted you'll have to ask me very nicely to help you with that. It's like sharing your serial number for other software, not a cool thing and developers get very upset about it. :evil:

Good luck with your projects using the latest version!