[RESOLVED] DGIndexNV blowing up in strange ways

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
TCmullet

Re: [RESOLVED] DGIndexNV blowing up in strange ways

Post by TCmullet »

MeteorRain wrote: Regarding to L-SMASH thing, if you were using something to read from video files, then you were using "L-SMASH Works", not "L-SMASH". I don't have a tutorial for you, but those tools should be quite straightforward. You may find compiled binaries on my site.
Well, I did say I was using LSmash. But I wasn't being more specific. I actually use the function LWLibavVideoSource(). (And the audio equivalent with the same multiplexed video file as the argument.) I don't remember why I was told to use that part of the LSMASH package instead "Lsmash" or "Lsmash works". (I"ve not heard of the latter til now.)
MeteorRain

Post by MeteorRain »

TCmullet wrote:Well, I did say I was using LSmash. But I wasn't being more specific. I actually use the function LWLibavVideoSource(). (And the audio equivalent with the same multiplexed video file as the argument.) I don't remember why I was told to use that part of the LSMASH package instead "Lsmash" or "Lsmash works". (I"ve not heard of the latter til now.)
Yea I fully understood as this can be confusing. If interested you can take a look at this post, #1 and #2, which tells you what that is.

Feel free to let me know if you have trouble working with L-SMASH / VFR.
admin

Post by admin »

Feel free to continue the discussion about VFR here. I'll learn some great stuff. 8-)
hydra3333

Post by hydra3333 »

Hello, is there any news on the VFR->CFR front and DG tools ? I gather DG tools don't handle VFR.

I recently bought a Samsung S8+ mobile phone. ALL videos recorded by the S8/S8+ cameras seem to be h.264 8-bit progressive VFR .mp4 in various resolutions and colour spaces and profile levels as outlined in the linked pdf https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x1Y0N ... vxQJ-4zrN8

The home video editing software I use (VideoReDo) and apparently most if not all others only handle CFR, hence the query.

I wonder if VFR is becoming a common theme into the future ...

Any chance of a CUDA plugin ? :scratch:
I really do like it here.
admin

Post by admin »

I'm unfamiliar with VFR in general. If you would like me to address this please provide a sample file and tell me what you think correct handling would entail.