[RESOLVED] DGdecNV 2052 + BDRB = fail

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Ch3vr0n

Re: DGdecNV 2052 + BDRB = fail

Post by Ch3vr0n »

Well i did say that in post #7 ;)
Filename VID_00152.DGI.dgi (yes double extension)
admin

Post by admin »

I see that now. :wow:

Please re-download DGDecNV 2052 and update DGIndexNV.exe.

Who would have thought that a 3rd-party app would make command lines with uppercase extensions. 8-)

Thank you for your report and concise information. Sometimes the significance of things is not immediately apparent. :P
DAE avatar
Ch3vr0n

Post by Ch3vr0n »

Redownloaded, fix confirmed. Single .DGI extension and encode properly starts :)

i'm guessing it's "hardcoded" based on previous filenames. Since the file itself has a double extension ".DGI.dgi", BDRB's command line can't find the file it's expecting (filename.DGI or filename.dgi for that matter) because only "filename.DGI.dgi" exists. If you knock me up a "private"? build that uses .dgi instead of .DGI, i'd be happy to run another test to see if .DGI vs .dgi matters.
admin

Post by admin »

It doesn't matter now because I allow for both, so no worries. Thank you for the offer.

My good friend MeteorRain, bless his soul, had pointed out that for CLI, -o filename crashes. So I was trying to be helpful and if ".dgi" was not present at the end of the filename, I added it. But I forgot about case in my comparison. :oops:

Now some wise guy will try filename.dGi :facepalm: Don't get me wrong; jdobbs is a very wise guy. :bow:
DAE avatar
Ch3vr0n

Re: [RESOLVED] DGdecNV 2052 + BDRB = fail

Post by Ch3vr0n »

Glad i could help. The important thing is, the issue is solved. What installing a brand new piece of hardware can do lol, find a bug in a software application :)
admin

Post by admin »

The HW change was a total coincidence, but still, we can be thankful for your acute analytical sense, your attention to detail, and your superb problem reporting. Your contribution is greatly appreciated here in DG land.
DAE avatar
Ch3vr0n

Post by Ch3vr0n »

Don't worry about doom9. When i encountered the problem i posted in the BDRB debug thread that i'd keep them updated. After the solution was found & fix, i posted in an edit post that everyone that was using build 2052 downloaded prior to today needed to redownload 2052 and replace the DGIndexNV.exe file to fix the issue and avoid DGDecNV issues.

Ta!
admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for that!