[RESOLVED] Issue with 4k file

Support forum for DGDecNV
admin

Re: Issue with 4k file

Post by admin »

I found and fixed the second MKV issue. In DGDecodeNV (DGIndexNV is OK), when the MKV file's CodecPrivate stored more than one PPS, I was delivering only the first one multiple times. So I missed delivering the PPS needed for the non-reference frames, causing the decoder to deliver only the IDR frames. That is why when you single-stepped in VirtualDub it erroneously moved by GOP. :shock:

Moving on to your MP4 audio issue now...
admin

Post by admin »

I slipstreamed the MKV fix into 2052. Please test it and report your results.

Regarding the PCM in MP4, it's not formally supported by the MP4 spec. If you can point me to an applicable spec, I will consider supporting it, but honestly I'd rather not bother. How did you make that file?
DAE avatar
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

It's not me who made this file, it's someone else who recorded it, and he gave me all of his files comming from his recording. But now, indeed, it's odd having one mp4 file when all others 4k files are mkv... I also have mp4 from this recording, but they are 1080p, not 4k, and audio is aac.
Anyway, I've been able to get the audio using the ffmpeg VDub pluggin of karlpritchett.
Well, if according your informations this file is out of spec, in that case, don't bother with it.
For testing.... As i've finished my project (thanks to the workaround you provided) and needed place, i've deleted my files... :facepalm:
As you have one complete file, and fixed it on your side with it, i think the issue can be said to be solved.