Support forum for DGDecNV
Selur

[RESOLVED] DGIndexNV.exe - Ordinal Not Found

Post by Selur »

Haven't used DGDevNV for a while and when I tried to start it up today I got:

---------------------------
DGIndexNV.exe - Ordinal Not Found
The ordinal 137 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll.
OK

the file version of the Direct 3D Runtime (d3d9.dll) is 10.0.14393.447 on my system (Win 10 64bit pro) and it was updated on 2. November 2016.

Any thoughts on how to get DGDecNV working again?

Cu Selur

Ps.: Merry Christmas.
Selur

Re: DGIndexNV.exe - Ordinal Not Found

Post by Selur »

Not sure if this could be related, but I also added a Radeon RX 460 to my system (I still got my Geforce GTX 980 Ti in the system).
admin

Post by admin »

Some thoughts and questions:

0. If you have D3D mode enabled try turning it off. Set UseD3D=0 in the INI file.

1. Which card is set as primary?

2. Do you have a monitor connected to the nVidia card? My understanding is that it is required. Some people have used little fake monitor connectors. You can also try this:

https://helping-squad.com/fake-connect-a-monitor/

I had to do that to have my Intel GPU fully functional together with my nVidia card. Google "fake monitor" for further possibilities,

3. Try re-installing the latest nVidia driver as it may have become corrupted by the Radeon install.

4. That is a strange serial number on your DLL, it's nothing like mine. Could the Radeon install have replaced it with something proprietary? My installed d3d9.dll does not export an ordinal 137, nor does DGIndexNV invoke such an ordinal. Could be some kind of collision between the two video drivers.

Sorry, this is not something I have ever experimented with. Team Green all the way over here. :mrgreen:
Selur

Post by Selur »

If you have D3D mode enabled try turning it off. Set UseD3D=0 in the INI file.
Didn't have D3D enabled, my ini looks like this:

Code: Select all

Version=DGIndexNV 2052
Window_Position=938,151
Info_Window_Position=246,447
Process_Priority=2
Playback_Speed=3
AVS_Template_Folder=
AVS_Template_File=template.avs
AVS_Enable_Template=1
AVS_Overwrite=0
Full_Path_In_Files=1
MRUList[0]=
MRUList[1]=
MRUList[2]=
MRUList[3]=
Enable_Info_Log=1
Loop_Playback=0
AVC_Extension=264
MPG_Extension=m2v
VC1_Extension=vc1
HEVC_Extension=hevc
Deinterlace=0
UsePF=0
AlwaysCrop=1
UseD3D=0
Snapped=0
ResponseOnAudioMismatch=0
Enable_Audio_Demux=1
CUDA_Device=255
Decode_Modes=0,1,0,0
Full_Info=0
Bare_Demux=0
Disable_Encrypted_Audio_Warning=0
Fine_Cropping=0
Force_Zoom=0
Only thing that seems odd to me is the 'CUDA_Device=255', I would have expected a more somthing like 0 or 1 or 2 as device. ;)
Which card is set as primary?
the Radeon is connected to the monitor that is used as primary,.. switched inside Windows to the monitor connected to the NVIDA Monitor (both are on), but that didn't help.
2. Do you have a monitor connected to the nVidia card? My understanding is that it is required. Some people have used little fake monitor connectors.
Got:
- a HP Z27q IPS 5k connected to the Geforce GTX 980 Ti (normally turned on)
- a LG 34UM94C-P connected to the Radeon RX 460 (normally turned on)
- a Onky TX-SR 508 (Beamer) connected to the internal Intel HD Graphics 4600 (i7-4770k) (normally turned off)
Try re-installing the latest nVidia driver as it may have become corrupted by the Radeon install.
Just tried that, sadly it did not help. :(
That is a strange serial number on your DLL, it's nothing like mine. Could the Radeon install have replaced it with something proprietary? My installed d3d9.dll does not export an ordinal 137, nor does DGIndexNV invoke such an ordinal. Could be some kind of collision between the two video drivers.
might be,... didn't install any games or similar so the normal Windows Update and the driver updaters of NVIDIA and AMD should be the only sources for D3D updates.

----
Hmm,... I just copied the DGIndexNV.exe into another folder and there it opens without a problem, after I also copied the NV12ToRGB24.cubin file there.
Then I started threw out all dlls and added them one at a time and found the culprit. My avisynth plugins folder contained a dwmapi.dll (from 8th of Dezember 2006 <- no typo, no clue why).
Removing that solved the problem. In case I stumble over the cause how that dll ended up there I'll report, but until then I think it's save to assume the issue has been resolved. :)

Cu Selur
admin

Post by admin »

Weird! I never would have figured that out, so I'm thrilled that you discovered this. That's one reason why you are a Distinguished Member.
:bravo:

Gonna hop in the tub and read about locally inaccessible information. Thanks for your update. I'll mark this RESOLVED, but post again if you have any further issues. Rock on, and Seasons Greetings!

Magnus is tied for the lead in the world blitz championship. Tomorrow will be exciting.