Post by Guest »

I have seen players have problems with those files
They "seem" to hang on loading the file
That is how I found that a remux solves that issue

Sorry about missing your info on remuxing :bow:
admin

Re: [RESOLVED] DGDecnv 2052 2016-12-15 slow seeking mkv

Post by admin »

Interesting to hear about your player experience. It tends to confirm my diagnosis. I suppose it depends on how they implement the start-up at frame 0.
admin

Re: [RESOLVED] DGDecnv 2052 2016-12-15 slow seeking mkv

Post by admin »

OK, I identified the (apparent) bug in the CloneBD file.

In the first cluster of the segment, the main Cluster Timecode is 0 as it should be, but the first SimpleBlock (element A3) gives a Timecode of 7 (relative to the Cluster Timecode) (for the MKV I made with CloneBD, it may differ, I don't know, but it is not 0). Then the Matroska parser thinks that it has to adjust all the cues back by 7, making the first cue underflow to a high number.

In all of my other MKVs, the two Timecodes are both 0. Note that an EBML viewer I have does not go deep enough to show the SimpleBlock Timecode field so maybe neither does EBML.exe, and that is why they did not see the problem. I discovered this by stepping through the parser code.

For the players it all depends on whether they use the main Cluster Timecode or the first SimpleBlock Timecode, and whether they adjust the cues based on the latter. My parser uses the SimpleBlock Timecode and adjusts the cues. This is code from the Matroska designers, so...

bheerschop, please tell the CloneBD guys about this and post again if they have any useful reply. For now, I will continue with my current workaround.
admin

Re: DGDecnv 2052 2016-12-15 slow seeking mkv

Post by admin »

My Matroska code is ancient versus the latest code, and this issue may arise from that. I am going to upgrade my code but it may take a while. For now, the work-around is good. Don't bug the CloneBD guys until I have the results from the upgrade. Thank you.

Thread re-opened.
admin

Re: DGDecnv 2052 2016-12-15 slow seeking mkv

Post by admin »

The same problem happens with the latest Matroska parser code. So go ahead and report this to CloneBD.