[RESOLVED] Recent x264 Unable To Load DGDecodeNV.dll

Support forum for DGDecNV
AYColumbia

[RESOLVED] Recent x264 Unable To Load DGDecodeNV.dll

Post by AYColumbia »

Hi,
Is anyone here having the issue I posted here at doom9? I've confirmed the issue on both my laptop and my main computer. So if you use x264 and plan on updating, you might want to hold off I guess.
---
omay, arrylay, curlyq & associates
admin

Re: Recent x264 Unable To Load DGDecodeNV.dll

Post by admin »

What is your x264 command line and script?
admin

Post by admin »

I downloaded x264.2744.x86.exe from komisar's site and everything works fine for me. My script:

loadplugin("d:\don\Programming\C++\dgdecnv\DGDecodeNV\x32\Release\dgdecodenv.dll")
dgsource("D:\tmp\AY\Drillbot.dgi")

Please double check your paths and 32/64 tool mix.
DAE avatar
Aleron Ives

Post by Aleron Ives »

Have you tried the latest official x264 build? Maybe the build you're using has a bug.
admin

Post by admin »

Aleron, so good to hear from you! Have a great New Year.

I used the same version that he specified and it works fine for me. That "cannot load" message usually means the file does not exist or it is the wrong architecture.
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try all suggested options and report back. It's strange since the only thing that changed was my x264 via the megui update process. Maybe something got clobbered there or the new build expects a DLL that wasn't included in the packaged update. I'm glad to hear it worked for you so that's a relief. :)
---
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

I found the source of the problem and posted the fix on the doom9 thread. Essentially, I followed admin's lead and grabbed directly from kosimar's site too and immediately noticed the file sizes of my current x264 matched the x86_64 versions rather than the x86. I replaced the 64 versions with the 32bit versions and voila! Looks like megui32 downloaded the wrong architecture versions.
---
admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the update AY. Maybe you had something checked wrong and didn't notice. Happens to me a lot. Not so long ago I accidentally pumped that E15 crap into my gas tank and had to stare at my lit check engine light for 300 miles. :oops:

Still, thanks for posting to warn about this. It shows you are a caring guy.
DAE avatar
Aleron Ives

Post by Aleron Ives »

admin wrote:Aleron, so good to hear from you! Have a great New Year.
Thank you, sir. May the new year bring you ample opportunities to relax in the tub with good reading material. ;)
admin

Re: [RESOLVED] Recent x264 Unable To Load DGDecodeNV.dll

Post by admin »

I have a kludged up ledge in the tub and I just have to be careful that my laptop does not go for a swim. I suppose it's inevitable. :?
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

admin wrote:Thanks for the update AY. Maybe you had something checked wrong and didn't notice. Happens to me a lot. Not so long ago I accidentally pumped that E15 crap into my gas tank and had to stare at my lit check engine light for 300 miles. :oops:

Still, thanks for posting to warn about this. It shows you are a caring guy.
Wouldn't be the first time I had mucked up a setting. ;) Man, that engine thing is awful. You're just going to have to buy a car that can stomach that stuff. :p

I hope you have a wonderful New Year! Try not to drink any of that E15 this time. lol
---