[CLOSED] DGIndexNV 2052 bug?

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
hello2017

[CLOSED] DGIndexNV 2052 bug?

Post by hello2017 »

Hello there,

It appears that there's some sort of bug.

When I open a video file and then try to 'Save Project', it crashes. But on the x64 version, it can save. However, when I open the .dgi file create in MeGUI or AvsPmod, it won't load. I get an error saying "DGIndexNV/DGDecodeNV mismatch".

Has anyone else experience this issue?
Thanks in advance.
admin

Re: DGIndexNV 2052 bug?

Post by admin »

Nobody has experienced that issue, otherwise you'd see it posted here. ;)

Let's start with your x32 crashing problem. I am not able to reproduce it on my win10 x64 machine. So you will need to provide me with a video file for which this happens. Upload it to a hosting site and post the link here. It doesn't have to be the whole file. If you cut it, though, make sure the same problem happens with the cut file you want to give me.

Be aware that FLV and MOV containers are not supported.

Also, please note that you generally open an Avisynth script in MEGUI. I have never heard of anyone opening the DGI file and I doubt it is supported. Please read and follow the quickstart guide and get things working with VirtualDub first. Then we can move on to MEGUI.

While you are getting the file uploaded, you can please at least give me the details about your input file. Thank you.
DAE avatar
hello2017

Post by hello2017 »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Actually, MeGUI is too buggy. DGIndexNV works outside of MeGUI. Tested version auto downloaded from megui vs http://rationalqm.us/

I can't upload 1-5GB files (mp4/ts/mkv). But it crashes when saving any file at first. I realized if i reopen the same file the second time, it will work. I've tested multiple files. It shouldn't crash, those video files play fine. But even a 5mb file would crash too.

I was referring to a created .dgi file from MeGUI but you can't save the .avs file afterwards since it causes an error about mismatch version.
admin

Post by admin »

We need to get MEGUI out of it for now. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with MEGUI, just that properly configuring for DGDecNV can be tricky and for debugging we have to minimize our variables. Lots of people do use MEGUI and DGDecNV together without issues.

So please start again and download my latest 2052 build directly from my website as described in the instructions sent to you. Install in a directory different from anything to do with MEGUI.

Then let's use a TS file. You can use DGSplit to cut the first 50MB and give that to me.

I need to be able to exactly duplicate what you are doing. Thank you.

To be frank, that opening twice thing makes no sense at all. Is your source file on a network drive or are you trying to save the project on a network drive or is there anything else you do that is out of the ordinary?

Finally, can you give me more details of the crash, a crash log or dump perhaps? Even a screenshot of the crash popup. The more the better.
admin

Post by admin »

Closing at request of poster as he has located his problem. No bug in DGDecNV was found.