[RESOLVED] New user...Few simple questions for you DG

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
WILLIS

[RESOLVED] New user...Few simple questions for you DG

Post by WILLIS »

Hello DG, Ive just purchased a license from you last night for your DGNVDec tool. I got my license and Im all set, but upon first glance of the program I had a few questions. These questions may be answered when I read the documentation but I havent yet, and I thought ide PM you quickly.

What is the difference between the Purevideo HD use progressive frames, and leaving the option unset and using the normal progressive frames provided by the avc file itself?

also is there a yuv>rgb pc scale/tv scale buttom anywhere?

and finally I was wondering if you could possible implement cropping my increments of 2 in your next version...a lot of times I need to crop slightly and 4 is a slight overcrop of the image so I must use 4 once, then apply crop 2 in avisynth...

last but not least is it possible to change the luminance filter...offset/gamma?

thx DG love the tool so far, its fast with my graphics card(nvidia ION)

also one more quickie...would you recommend using the gpu to perform the resize or should I leave that job to avisynth?

thx
WILLIS
admin

Re: New user...Few simple questions for you DG

Post by admin »

WILLIS wrote:What is the difference between the Purevideo HD use progressive frames, and leaving the option unset and using the normal progressive frames provided by the avc file itself?
That's explained in the user manual:

"Check Use progressive_frame if you want the deinterlacing to honor NVCUVID's progressive_frame indication. If single or double rate deinterlacing is enabled and this option is checked, then only frames marked as interlaced by NVCUVID will be deinterlaced. If single or double rate deinterlacing is enabled and this option is not checked, then all frames will be deinterlaced."
also is there a yuv>rgb pc scale/tv scale buttom anywhere?
No. Do it in your script if you need to.
and finally I was wondering if you could possible implement cropping my increments of 2 in your next version...a lot of times I need to crop slightly and 4 is a slight overcrop of the image so I must use 4 once, then apply crop 2 in avisynth...
NVCUVID supports only mod 4 granularity.
last but not least is it possible to change the luminance filter...offset/gamma?
What version are you using?
also one more quickie...would you recommend using the gpu to perform the resize or should I leave that job to avisynth?
It's a quality/time tradeoff that only you can make.