[RESOLVED] AVS_Template_File_Index=0

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar

[RESOLVED] AVS_Template_File_Index=0

Post by Guest »

Dumb guy again
I read the manual and could not find a reference to this setting.
What does this option enable?
Is this a new option? :?:
admin

Re: AVS_Template_File_Index=0

Post by admin »

It's an internal variable that is used to store the index of the selected template in the drop-down list. It's not intended to be altered by the user. Everything is controlled through the dialog now and you should not need to edit the INI file.

Technically, it's redundant with the file name but it allows me to avoid searching in the list contents (setting the selected item requires an index, not a string). In fact, the file name could be removed. I just forgot to do that. :lol:
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Thank you
admin

Post by admin »

You are welcome.

Thinking more, using the index may not be as good as using the name. If a user adds or removes a template file to/from the directory it could invalidate the index. On the other hand, removing or renaming the selected file would also be problematic when the name is used. I don't think it's worth obsessing about either way.

BTW, I wrote two full pages of my paper today. The finish line is approaching for the rough draft.

Speaking of finish lines, did you see Tori Bowie win the 100m sprint at Worlds? The other girl forgot to lean. Or maybe she thought she didn't need to. Shocking!
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

:agree: